RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

Agony sequel announced... You play a nude female demon, not sure if anyone here would be interested since shrinkung horse testicles is preferred by members (according to the Red Dead Redemption 2 discussion months ago) but I thought I'd leave it anyway.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So, Biomutant is supposed to come out some point this year, right? From the looks of it, I need this game. Hurry up.

In any case, it looks wacky as hell.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I like the characters and art of Biomutant but after seeing a gamplay video, I don't like the combat.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

They only fired him because he got picked up by Netflix, they didn't even give him a chance to turn in a two week notice lol They were so bitter when the info leaked and looks like they wanted some blood for revenge. Gotta love Blizzard's tackiness

Half-Life 3 is my white whale.

If Valve could deliver some 4K VR 120 FPS Raytraced RTX Lit Physically Based Rendered Mocapped Narrative Driven HL3 with all those great physics puzzles the series is known for, then I will be over the moon.

great physics puzzles the series is known for

I don't remember a whole lot of physics puzzle in HL1. Regardless, I think whatever Valve releases and calls 'half-life 3' these days will disappoint those still waiting for it, yet it won't attract all that many new players with the name alone. After all, it's been almost 15 years since the last big game in Half-Life series got released.

At any rate, if you're craving more Half-Life-esque game design, give Titanfall 2 a shot. IIRC Titanfall 3's in the works right now, which is grand. Sadly, the original game did not have a campaign.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Strange... This dude reported it was Netflix :(

Because they are two different roles, one is the CFO of Activision Blizzard and the other is the CFO for Blizzard.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ohhh I see now thank you for clearing it up.

great physics puzzles the series is known for

I don't remember a whole lot of physics puzzle in HL1. Regardless, I think whatever Valve releases and calls 'half-life 3' these days will disappoint those still waiting for it, yet it won't attract all that many new players with the name alone. After all, it's been almost 15 years since the last big game in Half-Life series got released.

At any rate, if you're craving more Half-Life-esque game design, give Titanfall 2 a shot. IIRC Titanfall 3's in the works right now, which is grand. Sadly, the original game did not have a campaign.

Titanfall 2?

That is nothing like HL. Still a great game though.

I'd personally recommend Singularity.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Shenmue 3 will take multiple weeks to complete a playthrough

As it should...

I mean, I understand why Shenmue 1&2 were both so short. Sega was focusing on defining a genre at the time which overshadowed the priority of gameplay and storytelling. Now that we have games that do everything better than Shenmue, it's more about story and less about tech and genre.

We can only see this as a good thing :)

Titanfall 2?

That is nothing like HL.

Tell that to Respawn who have said repeatedly Titanfall 2 campaign is inspired by Half-Life (especially 2 I'd say).

And it's not difficult to see the inspirations - the campaign divided into chapters which all get unique mechanics to vary them up, heavily story-focused campaign with a more or less constant companion character (and this particular companion is a big-arse mech, so that's a plus) and a semi-linear level design with a lot of little exploration paths branching off the main one.

The T2's campaign is even written far better than majority of other ... Well, games in general.

True, the ambience is completely different - but I'd say HL games were always gameplay-first kind of things.

I'd personally recommend Singularity.

Also known as "Graynuality"

It's a decent game tho. And you get to pilot bullets in this one!

Edited by Fenixp

Tell that to Respawn who have said repeatedly Titanfall 2 campaign is inspired by Half-Life (especially 2 I'd say).

I loved Titanfall 2 and thought that the story was a breath of fresh air in a sea of action games with bad stories, but to me the tone and pace of the game reminded me of...*gulp*...Modern Warfare 1?

It makes sense since the guys at Respawn worked on some of the better Call of Duty/Medal of Honor games in the past.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

To me the tone and pace of the game reminded me of...*gulp*...Modern Warfare 1?

The tone? Yeah, absolutely, that's a good comparison.

The pace? Nah, no way. Modern Warfare pushed you forward a whole lot more and the action itself was slower. While the pace is definitely faster than Half-Life games, it's still more akin to those than Modern Warfare and similar.

Old-School Anno for old folks is back! Make me feel young again!!!

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/07/alien-blackout-mobile-game/?fbclid=IwAR2eEjBzuyNLRvnSEP8GVEfgYYQSI-uI7qhPey_KcjDW4vZf765EtkrdMQU

Alien: Blackout revealed. Devs confirm it to be a mobile game, tote it will have more depth and higher quality gameplay than Alien: Isolation.

Yeah, we should all be pretty excited right now as this very well could change gaming on our phones as we know it.

Edited by SonicMage117

HyperJam is essentially a cyber-punk Powestone, looks good.

A little funny take on AAA publishers :p

Jim Sterling presents! Seven Deadly Sins :D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours