RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

The Outer Worlds is the Fallout: New Vegas we always wanted but never got.

And what's wrong with Fallout 4? It did alt of things better than FO3 and New Vegas and some things worse. We all bought it :p

And I'm also more excited for Rage 2 so I'm with ya there. Still, The Outer Worlds looks pretty good.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

That's never been a controversial issue here before. Most here prefer isometric, third person, then first person quite a distant last. Personally though, I'm glad it's not third as there's plenty of those and an extreme lack of good FPS games in recent years, especially in the RPG department.

• Like 1

That's never been a controversial issue here before. Most here prefer isometric, third person, then first person quite a distant last. Personally though, I'm glad it's not third as there's plenty of those and an extreme lack of good FPS games in recent years, especially in the RPG department.

I'm not convinced an FPS game can make for a good RPG. The two game concepts seem antithetical. I guess we'll see.

The 'controversial' part of my post was my positive reaction to the prospect of a new DA game. I very much liked and enjoyed playing all three DA games, yes including DA2 for which I paid full price and felt I fully got my money's worth in spite of its shortcomings.

I'm not convinced an FPS game can make for a good RPG. The two game concepts seem antithetical. I guess we'll see.

The 'controversial' part of my post was my positive reaction to the prospect of a new DA game. I very much liked and enjoyed playing all three DA games, yes including DA2 for which I paid full price and felt I fully got my money's worth in spite of its shortcomings.

Vampire: Bloodlines. Though 3rd person required for melee, I played and still play that game exclusively first person as it's far more immersive for it's particular aesthetic.

Ah I see, the sentences and emphasis aren't in order then.

The new Prey looks weird...

It's like... Why even?

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Far Cry: New Dawn seems even more experimental than Far Cry: Primal. I saw this video:

And the more I saw, the more I was turned off by those 6 changes. There isn't too much appealing about it and maybe that's just because Rage 2 and The Outer Worlds outshines it in nearly every way.

• Like 1

I know that peppy superhero banter slappy movie stuff is gold, but I hope the whole damn game (Outer Worlds) isn't a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I get more Worlds of Ultima feels from the trailer, not so much Fallout.

It's like... Why even?

That's bad. This from Arkane?

Edited by Cpl Halsbart

Yep.

It's Prey: Battle Royale, basically how I see it :p

It's like... Why even?

Because online means monetization? That's honestly the only thing I can think of. Well, aside from the devs really liking the idea.

Which is just weird, since the combat wasn't exactly considered Prey's strong point, which, imho, wasn't an issue with the single player experience (combat never bothered met at all anyway, personally). But if you turn it into a combat focused multiplayer DLC. Yeah, I don't know...

Personally didn't much care for the last DLC either, which was rogue lite stuff. Almost makes it look like the DLC are just chasing hypes.

As far as I know there's no single player, story driven, DLC planned at all so if anyone still has the game installed hoping for some story DLC, might as well free up some disk space and just hope we'll get a proper Prey 2.

The 5th and final episode of The Council is out. I've been waiting for all the episodes to release before diving in so I plan to get in as soon as I'm somewhere with good enough wifi to download it at a reasonable rate #TruckerProblems

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If video game companies are only responsible to their shareholders, maybe people should stop buy games and start buying stocks. God damn the state of underhandedly altering products against the purchasers is a travesty against free consumerism.

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/IBr64pKz5bE

It's like... Why even?

Because online means monetization? That's honestly the only thing I can think of. Well, aside from the devs really liking the idea.

Which is just weird, since the combat wasn't exactly considered Prey's strong point, which, imho, wasn't an issue with the single player experience (combat never bothered met at all anyway, personally). But if you turn it into a combat focused multiplayer DLC. Yeah, I don't know...

Personally didn't much care for the last DLC either, which was rogue lite stuff. Almost makes it look like the DLC are just chasing hypes.

As far as I know there's no single player, story driven, DLC planned at all so if anyone still has the game installed hoping for some story DLC, might as well free up some disk space and just hope we'll get a proper Prey 2.

Yeah.

They could have done so much better, it's a shame because I consider Prey to be one of the more unique FPS' in recent years, even more unique than Metro. It's a shame, a damn shame....

I'd like a proper sequel as well.