RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

I can't wait for Raz-Butt to come from behind and smoke the competition!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

There is still work to be done and who knows if it might(god forbid) turn out to be like Yooka-Laylee(which wasn't all that bad btw).

But what is there right now just smoked the entire competition.

Also, you guys were right: so many characters in the Dragon Age universe and out of all of those they decide to bring back...*chuckles*...Solas!

:lol:

You deserve all the worst, Bioware. Your game already sounds like crap.

Edit: Far Cry New Dawn gameplay trailer.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Judging a woman who gets cold with her largely cretinous fan base is just the worst expectation to place on someone who owes these people nothing.

I hate both and I want off this planet.
Get in touch with Elon Musk and reserve your seat on the Mars mission. ;)

https://youtu.be/dAX2H0hpOc4

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If Fallout 4 and No Man's Sky had a baby...

:lol:

I thought I would not like that retro feel, but when Passanger start playing they sold it to me, i am effing weak weak man

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

A space opera by Obsidian, I am pretty sure we will all be playing it day one. ;)

I'll be playing it on my Xbone X because PlayStation and Obsidian go together like cactus and arse. Of course a PC would be the best option but I haz no moniez.

Edit: forgot to post this.

Edited by Katphood

As I've already said in another thread here, I'm really hyped for The Outer Worlds now. I've got an old RPG character in stock that I never really got to play. She'll be perfect for the humor in this game.

(Her name ist Shannon Florence Riley, but she hates her middle name. Still, Shannon F. Riley looks too fancy on her business cards to drop the F. entirely, so she just changes topic every time somebody asks her about it. When I created her, I had a female version of Han Solo or Malcolm Reynolds with a bit of Saemon Havarian in mind.)

Edited by LittleRose

As I've already said in another thread here, I'm really hyped for The Outer Worlds now. I've got an old RPG character in stock that I never really got to play. She'll be perfect for the humor in this game.

(Her name ist Shannon Florence Riley, but she hates her middle name. Still, Shannon F. Riley looks too fancy on her business cards to drop the F. entirely, so she just changes topic every time somebody asks her about it. When I created her, I had a female version of Han Solo or Malcolm Reynolds with a bit of Saemon Havarian in mind.)

Well at least her first name isn't Endeavour...

Looking forward to this while at the same time being slightly worried about the Microsoft deal now. I mean, it shouldn't affect this game, but any follow ups...

Looking forward to this while at the same time being slightly worried about the Microsoft deal now. I mean, it shouldn't affect this game, but any follow ups...

The Outer World has been in development for quite some time now, I don't think that the Microsoft deal could affect that. Also, Microsoft usually release their games on Steam as well as the Xbox/Microsoft store so there shouldn't be any worries.

• Like 2

*Negativity time with Fenixp*

Why does it feel so... Borderlands? Why does it feel so generic? I'd be completely unphased by the trailer if I didn't know it was made by Obsidian. That's not to say I'm particularly phased now.

Did they see a Rage 2 trailer and go "Let's make our own"? Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

Kinda agree, tbh. But at the same time I know that trailer and final product can be worlds apart. I mean, you could make a funny things™ trailer about New Vegas as well even though it really ain't like that primarily. Yadda, yadda, I'll wait and see.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

yeah its seems little bit too 'colorfull' but I was told that I am idiot if I like dark and gritty so I am not complaining anymore - I have mostly Futurama feel from it TBH

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Incidentally, Epic store launched. They want to compete with Steam - and I can't really think of many studios on the market with even remote chance of doing this. Epic owns UE4, develops Fortnite and, apparently, they want to give out a free game every two weeks upon launch, starting with Subnautica. They also managed to secure PC release of Journey, formely a PS exclusive.

Link

Oh, right, and apparently, the store won't enforce any DRM scheme.

Edit: Oooh, and a new Supergiant game? ... Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=593xCDfumN0

Edited by Fenixp

Incidentally, Epic store launched. They want to compete with Steam - and I can't really think of many studios on the market with even remote chance of doing this. Epic owns UE4, develops Fortnite and, apparently, they want to give out a free game every two weeks upon launch, starting with Subnautica. They also managed to secure PC release of Journey, formely a PS exclusive.

Link

Oh, right, and apparently, the store won't enforce any DRM scheme.

what does it mean no DRM? Honestly until they somehow agree to carry over all my games from Steam I don't see myself moving, I understand devs dont want steam because they take large share of profits, but its really not my problem as consumer

More software to download to run other software, woo.  Apparently no forums or reviews - https://kotaku.com/the-guy-behind-steam-spy-has-been-working-on-epics-stor-1830890162

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, regardless of what one opts to use, competition's always a good thing. And if Epic's store gains any traction, for many it'll mean that Valve will try to provide a better service.

what does it mean no DRM?

It means anyone can use whatever DRM scheme they pick to use, essentially, or none at all. I can't really see the Epic store distributing stand-alone installers so it's mostly moot anyway, but it's kinda nice. Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

That Rage 2 trailer has me worried. It's all "We have a big open world. Look how big it is! And open! Did we mention it's a big open world?"

Now I'm scared they're making a Ubisoft game.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

yeah its seems little bit too 'colorfull' but I was told that I am idiot if I like dark and gritty so I am not complaining anymore - I have mostly Futurama feel from it TBH

Nah, I'm in the same boat. Disappointed it's just a generic looking, video gamey sci-fi with bright paint. Really not into that brand of aesthetic vomit.

Mortal 11 Kombat, comming April 23. I was excited until they announced preorder exclusive Shao Kahn... I'll wait for "ultimate" edition again...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Why does it feel so... Borderlands? Why does it feel so generic? I'd be completely unphased by the trailer if I didn't know it was made by Obsidian. That's not to say I'm particularly phased now.

I feel the same way but I keep telling myself that with Obsidian's talent in storytelling being 'good', I would like to think that the game is also a little bit 'Cowboy Bebop'.

As for Far Cry 6...

Dude, f*** Far Cry 6, I haven't even played 5 yet. Far Cry 3 was the last good entry and now I will simply go hide before mkreku shows up with a flamethrower.

• Like 1

The Outer World has been in development for quite some time now, I don't think that the Microsoft deal could affect that. Also, Microsoft usually release their games on Steam as well as the Xbox/Microsoft store so there shouldn't be any worries.

Given that they are fishing up studios to make "exclusives" it might become a concern (but, as noted, it won't affact The Outer Worlds, tough it *might* affect any sequels, assuming there will be any, I mean, depending on who owns the IP and such).

I generally am not that bothered by where I get my games (I have my preferences, of course). If the game is good enough I'll put up with whatever Steam-clone they have (consoles are a no-go for me though). Alas, I also like race games and Forza has resulted in me absolutely loathing the Windows Store. It's just total and utter garbage and the thing hasn't improved in any measurable way between the release of Forza Horizon 3 (2016) and Forza Horizon 4 (2018). Hell, Forza Motorsport 7 still resets my language settings after every. single. patch. (or DLC or what have you, iow, at least once a month), thankfully at least Horizon doesn't rely on the Windows store to get something as frivolous as localization right, but geez...

Edited by marelooke

Man I can not wait for The Outer World, I enjoyed the trailer for it. This is being made by Obsidian so that's plus for me.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´