[4.0] Spiritual Weapon "Fist" of Woedican Priests still scales twofold

Boeroer

Question

Hi!

With Woedicans as NPCs we already noticed (and reported) months ago that their Spiritual Weapon "Fist" scales with character level (as all summoned weapons do) - but also that Monastic Unarmed Training or Transcendent Suffering get applied.

This leads to a kind of double-scaling: one scaling with char level, the other one with Power Level (through MonUT/TSuff).

I gave Xoti that spell an also Monastic UT, look what happens:

woedica_fists_monastic.png?dl=1

woedica_fists_monastic_2.png?dl=1

woedica_fists_monastic_3.png?dl=1

It's very potent and a lot of fun of course. And it was ok until now because we couldn't pick that class anyway (without mods). But I guess it's not intended?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 answers to this question

Agreed. 

This double scaling is not really fair to other Spiritual Weapons, nor to regular non-scaling weapons.

Imho there are two ways:

v1. remove scaling with char level from Spiritual Weapon "Fist" completely. So the fists will benefit only from Transcendent Suffering or Monastic Unarmed Training. The later could be auto-learned (if the character is not a monk) as part of subclass bonuses.

v2. change Spiritual Weapon "Fist", to... let's say Spiritual Weapon "Gauntlet", and remove synergy with fist passives.

Edited by MaxQuest

Thank you for the bug report. This is indeed more scaling than was intended. Summoned weapon scaling is intended to stand in place of quality scaling and so is Transcendent Suffering/Monastic Unarmed Training.

This should be addressed in a future build. Thanks!

• Like 1

IMO the best solution would be for the scaling that gives the higher bonus to apply at any given time. Depending on your character level and PL, it could be one or the other any time you summon the spiritual weapon. Appreciate this may be more coding than the team deem worthwhile.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So like a suppression basically? That would be nice. Since you can "play" a little bit more with Power Level than with char level - so you could achieve better values once you buff PL but won't fall beneath the level scaling. Cool!

I actually have no problem with twofold scaling per se. I think it's pretty nice if a Monk/Priest of Woedica or sombody with Monastic UT can get a bit more out of these fists.

Only atm the numbers are way off, especially for ACC and PEN. Double dmg bonus is not that OP because it's only additive.

So maybe TSuff and MonUT could still give a bonus to Woedica's Fists, just not as big as it does to "normal" fists.

Maybe that's possible to do without too much fuss? 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods