Here are some screenshots for the new subclasses. I'll replace anything that changes during the Beta.

There is discussion in another thread, in case anyone missed it.

Barbarian - Furyshaper:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Chanter - Bellower:

4.jpg

Cipher - Psion:

5.jpg

6.jpg

Druid - Ancient:

7.jpg

8.jpg

Fighter - Tactician:

9.jpg

Monk - Forbidden Fist:

10.jpg

FCurse.png

Paladin - The Steel Garrote:

11.jpg

Favored Disposition: Rational, Cruel.

Disfavored Disposition: Benevolent, Diplomatic.

Compatible Priest subclasses: Magran, Skaen and Woedica.

Priest - Woedica:

12.jpg

13.jpg

Favored Disposition: Rational, Cruel.

Disfavored Disposition: Benevolent, Diplomatic.

Compatible Paladin subclasses: Bleak Walkers, Goldpact Knights and The Steel Garrote.

You can check the spells here.

Ranger - Arcane Archer:

14.jpg

15.jpg

Rogue - Debonaire:

16.jpg

Wizard - Blood Mage:

17.jpg

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 12

sign.jpg

Useful list. Just gonna add a few details:

Soul Mind focus regeneration is scaling with power level (thx to Takkik for correction):
PL1: 1 focus / s
PL3: 2 focus / s
PL6: 3 focus / s
PL9: 4 focus / s
And is worth to mention again, that focus generation stops for 4-5s when taking damage. This includes taking damage from allies. But doesn't include for example Blood Sacrifice.

Tactician penalty for attacking a target that is not attacked by an ally is:
> -5 accuracy
> -1 penetration
note: currently, ally has to be attacking the target from melee. Also the penalty is affecting spells, including AoEs without main target.

Steel Garrote gets the following passive: 15% of weapon damage dealt against afflicted targets is returned as Healing.

Blood mage hp regeneration seems to be based of character level:
lvl 1: 1 hp / 6s
lvl 5: 2 hp / 6s
lvl 10: 3 hp / 6s
lvl 15: 4 hp / 6s
lvl 20: 5 hp / 6s
for reference a lvl 15 single-class wizard with 10 CON has 150 hp.

Blood Sacrifice:
- no cooldown. no use limit. 0.8s cast time and 0s recovery.
- self damage seems to be random between: 5, 10, 15. Increased by 10% per your Power Level (including PL bonus from BS itself). And, haven't checked yet, but most likely it is affected by MIG too. Edit: self_damage is a random of:

• tier1_dmg =   [5 + 1 per CL] * dmg_bonuses
  • tier2_dmg = [10 + 2 per CL] * dmg_bonuses
  • tier3_dmg = [15 + 3 per CL] * dmg_bonuses

- self damage is potentially lethal
- but currently you can use it as many times as you want while under death prevention effects (like Barring Deaths Door). And yes it will grant you spell resources back.

Ancient:
> gets +1 PL with beast and plant spells
> has -10 to all defenses vs veil piercing attacks (this includes all firearms)
> takes +15% damage from vessels
> sporelings have the following stats:

- 47 acc
- 7 penetration
- approximatively 9-14 damage

WRGXjXq.png

Belower:
> chants area is reduced by 50%...
> invocations grant PL bonus based on phrases consumed for 6s. I have casted "Killers Froze Still" for 3 phrases, and got... +1.5PL (rounded down). The duration of belower buff seems to scale with INT.
> if you have Sasha's Singing Scimitar and cast two invocations back to back... belower buffs don't stack; the second instance only refreshes the duration.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 5

What is the "Cowardice" range for debonair(e)? How close must the ally be?

It looks like 4m to me.

~20% less than max blunderbuss range (of 5m).

Does the Forbidden Fist healing scale with power level?

Had the following values with single class Forbidden Fist:

lvl1: get +1 wound and +5 health when hostile effect expire

lvl5: get +1 wound and +8 health when hostile effect expire

lvl10: get +1 wound and +11 health when hostile effect expire

• Like 2

Forbidden Fist:

Do multiple curses stack regarding wounds and heals on expiration? Example, do 3 active curses grant you 3 wounds and 24 hp at level 5 when they expire?

Do a new curse prolong an existing curse? What happens when you use Forbidden Fist a second time with existing curse?

Nerf Troubadour!

So can you get back PL 7+ spells as blood mage?

I haven't saved that blood mage, so can't check it now. But yes you should be able to get back spellusage of any rank. Although because of random it may take multiple tries to get of specific one.

Forbidden Fist:

Do a new curse prolong an existing curse? What happens when you use Forbidden Fist a second time with existing curse?

I have checked it very briefly yesterday, so better retest to be sure.

Iirc new curse adds to the duration of existing one. DoT damage is increased. And you do not get the wound or hp unless the curse has naturally expired.

• Like 2

Iirc new curse adds to the duration of existing one. DoT damage is increased. And you do not get the wound or hp unless the curse has naturally expired.

Can we have a screenshot of a char with multiple curses? I'm still a bit confused how it 'adds' them. Do you get a stacked indicator (like phrases, wounds, focus) or what?

Nerf Troubadour!

Subbing thread.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Can we have a screenshot of a char with multiple curses? I'm still a bit confused how it 'adds' them. Do you get a stacked indicator (like phrases, wounds, focus) or what?

There was a curse stack indicator on mouseover. But can't provide screenshot now. I'll dig this next weekend most likely. 

I don't think I've seen this information anywhere: how much damage is inflicited by Blood Sacrificie?

Initially I expected the Blood Sacrifice cost to be related to total hp or CL * health_per_level coefficient.

But after checking gamedatabundles, it looks like there are three self raw damage tiers: 5, 10 and 15.

Since my level 1 blood mage (with 10 MIG) was consistently taking 6 and 18 dmg from BS, I'd say that self damage is increased by 10% per PL. And PL bonus from Blood Sacrifice is applied before the self damage.

• Like 4

So can you get back PL 7+ spells as blood mage?

I haven't saved that blood mage, so can't check it now. But yes you should be able to get back spellusage of any rank. Although because of random it may take multiple tries to get of specific one.

Forbidden Fist:

And how long is the cooldown for blood sacrifice?

Perhaps streetfighter/blood mage could be used effectively together. Load up on self buff spells, damage self to get into bloodied hp level, and get into melee. Definitely will try it out my next run.

Many of these new subclasses seem like they would make great ranged characters, which is something I've been wanting more of.

What is the Power Level penalty for Furyshaper losing a ward, and does it stack?

EDIT: I just tested it, and I'm disappointed. The Power Level penalty is -1 PER ward, meaning it stacks.

Sure - else it would be quite pointless, wouldn't it?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Does anyone know if the Psion's Focus generation is interrupted by the Blood Sacrifice ability?

It wasn't (at least in 4.0.0.0018).

My guess is that only damage that goes through attack resolution is pausing psion's focus generation.

Wish there was some concentration related mechanic that would shield against this pausing. Cose an offtank psion would make a lot of sense, niche-wise.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if the Psion's Focus generation is interrupted by the Blood Sacrifice ability?

My guess is that only damage that goes through attack resolution is pausing psion's focus generation.

Afaik (after testing) this is the case for all abilities that would stop once you get hit.

For example Dance of Death also doesn't stop if you hit yourself without attack resolution (Alacrity, Berserker's Frenzy, Sacred Immolation and so on).

Edited by Boeroer

What is the Power Level penalty for Furyshaper losing a ward, and does it stack?

EDIT: I just tested it, and I'm disappointed. The Power Level penalty is -1 PER ward, meaning it stacks.

Sure - else it would be quite pointless, wouldn't it?

It's just that it makes the class rather unattractive, given that the power level debuff is for BOTH classes in the case of a multiclass.

How many wards do you expect to lose during a fight though?

The wards are powerful and make this subclass very useful. Losing one or two during a fight doesn't mean too much - and you can always decide to place them where they won't get attacked in melee.

I didn't try if they can be withdrawn (and keep doing their thing). If they can... ;)

Edited by Boeroer

How many wards do you expect to lose during a fight though?

The wards are powerful and make this subclass very useful. Losing one or two during a fight doesn't mean too much - and you can always decide to place them where they won't get attacked in melee.

I didn't try if they can be withdrawn (and keep doing their thing). If the can... ;)

Hail O Lord of All POE Mechanics:

I was looking at the Ancient, seems interesting but the mere +1 PL seems too weak to compensate for the penalties it has. Don't you think that +2 PL would be more appropriate?

• Like 1

I didn't try Ancient at all - yet. So I can't make any reasonable statements. I only know that bonus Power Level is always nice for a Druid. It adds base damage and duration to DoT spells. That has impact.

I played a single class Animist with focus on exactly those spells that the Ancient covers and tried to stack a ton of Power Levels (used Spine of Thicket Green, Nature Godlike and Stones of Power). It worked out great. If I had the Ancient back then I would have used him instead of an Animist. So I guess it fills a niche - for me at least.

Is the +1 PL too low? Can't say yet. 

Edited by Boeroer

I didn't try Ancient at all - yet. So I can't make any reasonable statements. I only know that bonus Power Level is always nice for a Druid. It adds base damage and duration to DoT spells. That has impact.

I played a single class Animist with focus on exactly those spells that the Ancient covers and tried to stack a ton of Power Levels (used Spine of Thicket Green, Nature Godlike and Stones of Power). It worked out great. If I had the Ancient back then I would have used him instead of an Animist. So I guess it fills a niche - for me at least.

If the +1 PL is too low - can't say yet.

I only ask because I am almost done with a mod I have been working on off and on, which is a complete revamp of all the accessible Priest subclasses and without spoiling too much, some of the Priest subclasses get a +2 PL for certain damage types, Decay, Freeze, etc. I don't want to make it all too overpowered though so I was wondering how it fit in with the Ancient and I had exactly the same idea for the Ancient that you had for the Animist so looking forward to that.