[4.0 Beta] Dialog option with Edér in Vilario's Rest disappears

AndreaColombo

Question

SAVED GAME: link

STEPS:

1. Load the attached save.

2. Talk to Edér. If I picked the right save, this will be in Vilario's Rest next to the campfire and it'll be the first time initiating a conversation with Edér.

3. Observe that you can ask him three questions besides quitting the conversation; one of them is whether he likes the Deadfire.

4. Ask one of the other questions (not the Deadfire one.)

5. Once you exhaust that line of questioning and get back to the original dialog node, observe the option to inquire about the Deadfire is no longer present.

I believe the ability to ask about the Deadfire should not disappear if you pursue a different line of questioning first.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

2 answers to this question

Hello AndreaColombo,

Thank you for calling this out to us. We're currently investigating the issue and hopefully will have a fix for it in one of the upcoming patches. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Also to Handsomenat's point, I do believe this issue is not exclusive to the beta patch.

-Ian

• Like 1