[4.0 beta] Tactician Brilliant tactician ability and cipher phantom foes spell

Takkik

Question

A tactician should get the brilliant tactician effect (brilliant inspiration) when all enemies are flanked and none of the allies are. I used phantom foe cipher spell that make enemies flanked, but that didn't triggered the inspiration.

If it's not a bug, need some clarification on what trigger the inspiration or not.

Edited by Takkik
  • Like 3

4 answers to this question

Thank you for the bug report, Takkik. Were you perhaps starting a new character and testing just after the prologue? We have a known issue where just after a character is created Brilliant Tactician will track flanking status on some character objects that have been destroyed and it will prevent you from gaining the effect. This corrects itself after a save/load and we hope to have this fixed soon.

Thanks again!

• Like 2

I tested with an old save in the first town with console & mercs. Brilliant tactician worked when I applied confusion with mule kick + aoe weapon and engaged enemies but not with phantom foes. Now when I used the cipher spell I got one character down, perhaps it caused the bug?

Question.  Does immunity to flanked mean that you don't have to worry about your character being flanked?  Meaning if I'm flanked through enemy positioning or have distracted but I have an item with immunity to flanked is Brilliant Tactician supposed to proc?  Cause right now it seems like it doesn't work if you are technically flanked even if you are immune to flanked.

• Like 1