[4.0.0.0025 beta] [Update] Arcane Archer's Imbue <whatever> with Driving Flight

Boeroer

Question

Hello,

in addition that the Imbue spells get triggered multiple times with AoE weapons like rods, mortars and Blights (see my other report) they also get triggered multiple times with Driving Flight.

While this isn't game breaking in itself it really goes out of hand when you combine it with the AoE weapons. If you attack 4 dummies with a rod and have Driving Flight you might apply Imbue: Death Ring 8 times with one shot... 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

6 answers to this question

Thanks for the bug report, Boeroer. We should have the AOE issue resolved in the next update, however at this time we are thinking of preserving the existing behavior with Driving Flight. Please continue to let us know how this feels and if you see any other issues. Thanks!!

• Like 4

Hey Nick,

I just tested the Arcane Archer with version 4.0.0.0025 beta and there's the following issue:

While Driving Flight triggers the imbue spell a second time (as promised - thanks!) this only works for "normal" ranged weapons that target a single enemy.

BUT:

AoE weapons like mortars etc. will not profit from that. We talked about preventing multiple imbue triggers from AoE weapons and that was indeed fixed - but it seems the devs went a little bit too far and also prevented triggering imbues from Driving Flight with those weapons.

I know, I know... sorry! ;)

Edit: rods do trigger imbue spells with Driving Flight once you turn Blast AoE off. Once you turn Blast on it's gone. Since you can't turn the AoE of mortars off, they don't work at all (in this regard).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Hello Boeroer,

Thank you for the continued support! I've just tested both Fire in the Hole and a Rod (with modal active), while possessing the Driving Flight passive and I'm seeing imbue trigger on the bounced attacks every time. I've tried each of the imbue abilities and they all seem to work correctly in this regard. As far as the logic is concerned, there's nothing that I could see that would prohibit these weapons in any way.

Still, I'll ask QA to keep an eye out for this and try to reproduce it. Thanks again!

Funny. Tested it a few minutes before writing that update and also double-checked. I guess I will load up the game again and triple-check. :)

For me Watershaper's Focus for example didn't trigger imbue spells with Driving Flight (and additional jump from enchantment) as soon as Blast was active.

Fire in the Hole and Hand Mortar both didn't trigger imbues with Driving Flight at all.

As I said: will check again and report.

Ok, did another test with Driving Flight + Watershaper's Focus, Hand Mortar and Fire in the Hole.

With AoE:

- Driving Flight now triggeres imbues properly

- additional projectile jumps (Leaping Arc from Watershaper's Focus, Chain Shot from Fire in the Hole) do also trigger imbue spells.

Without AoE:

- same

So I can confirm what you said. Weird.

But good - one problem less. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2