[4.0.0.0025 beta] [Update] Arcane Archer's Imbue <whatever> with Blast, Minor Blights or Hand Mortar

Boeroer

Question

Hi,

If you use those abilites with any AoE weapons like hand mortar, rod with Blast or Minor Blights the triggered spell will get applied to every AoE attack roll. So for example every enemy in range of the mortar's AoE will get hit by Minor Missiles if you use Imbue: Missiles.

With Imbue:Deathl it's a real game breaker... 

Imbue: Eora creates multiple instances. And so on...

May be not intended.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

10 answers to this question

It's OP and will be nerfed to the ground, but without this interaction, what's the point of the subclass? I mean if you can't use weapon special abilities like AOE or even class bounce, just better to make a ghostheart/wizard geomancer? The AOE abilities are even not pet friendly, so lot of chance you kill your own pet with a big fireball blast.

I'm not sure the subclass would be still differentiated if the mechanism is fixed. What's the merit if the Imbues are triggered only one time per attack? It would be just very much similar with casting a spell, wouldn't it?

Edited by Hoo

Did you try an Arcane Archer with an AoE weapon + Imbue: Death?

I know that's imba, but I'd rather say to change the Imbued spell from Death Ring to something not AOE, instead of nerfing or changing the mechanism.

Even with a single target spell it would be too powerful. Minor Missiles on 5 enemies with one shot for 2 Bond is deadly in the early game. Too deadly.

And AoE weapons already offer substancial advantages over single target ones - for example when applying afflictions or when using AoE abilites (see WHispers of the Wind or Heart of Fury). No need to make them even more desirable.

Also the whole point of the Arcane Archer seems to be to create a ranger who has some more AoE capabilites (DMG and CC).

Devs already said that this OP AoE-stacking will get fixed, BUT that Driving Flight will still allow to trigger spells multiple times with one Imbue shot. That's good enough for me and still pretty powerful.

We have to remember that a subclass should not be more powerful than the vanilla class or the other subclasses.

• Like 1

We have to remember that a subclass should not be more powerful than the vanilla class or the other subclasses.

You might be right, and I agree with this. What I've been afraid of is/was nerfing hard and making the things completely being ordinary and featureless, like the previous 1.1 patch did though.

Edited by Hoo

Hi Nick,

the issue itself is fixed. Thanks.

However, now there's another issue with these AoE weapons, have a look here:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106917-40-beta-arcane-archers-imbue-whatever-with-driving-flight/?do=findComment&comment=2119801

• Like 1