[Question] How to tweak vanilla subclasses

First post here. Made the account solely because I wanted to get into modding the game.

I more or less understand (after examining other mods) how is the process for tampering with classes and subclasses. However, I still feel lost when it comes to actually writing the changes, especially progression tables.

I'm trying to keep it fairly simple right now, so I just want to tweak Wizard's illusionist subclass to auto-grant certain spells.

Could someone more or less break down the process of modding subclasses to me? Or at least some directions? I'd appreciate any info on the matter.

I get that I must change the progression table for the wizard, but what part exactly deals with the illusionist subclass? I'd like to get this down to potentially do better things in the future.

Cheers and regards to all the modders who found out on their own.

I've been wanting to put together a guide to modding subclasses. With you and others asking, I should finally get on that. In the meantime, the important thing to remember about modding sub/classes is that in the progression table file you MUST include the entire entry for the class you are working with; in other words, you cannot partially modify progression tables like you can abilities or other tables.

So, for the wizard, you must include the entire "PT_Wizard" entry from the progression table file.

• Like 2