armor bug

sapientNode

Question

swift hunter garb has a slash/corrode 6 defense.  yet when I wear it I have 0 corrode and I do not gain the slash

when I put on superb leather armor which has a crush/freeze 6 defense I have slash corrode crush and freeze defense

I have noticed this with other armors as well.

it appears as far as character sheet is concerned ( I have not tested the math of literal defense in combat) when I equip a new armor I get the previous armor and the new armor defenses.

also as you can see I have 11 burn defense and I only have dragon pendant on which says 1 burn defense

I also have 2 corrode boots and the dragon pendant also gives 1 slash

is this just a character sheet bug or is this a real defense bug?

post-155452-0-51939000-1543535685_thumb.jpg

post-155452-0-76324000-1543535692_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Hello Sapient,

I'm not quite sure without playing with it myself.  Would you be able to do me a favor and send me a copy of your save file to play with?  If you could attach it here or send it to me at support@obsidian.net I would be much appreciative.  If needed, you can find instructions on where your save files are located here.

Thanks Sapient!

swift hunter garb has a slash/corrode 6 defense.  yet when I wear it I have 0 corrode and I do not gain the slash

Not sure what you mean by that.

Any damage types that don't show under "Armor Rating" have the same value as your base Armor Rating. In your screenshot, your Corrode AR is 8 (6 from Swift Hunter's Garb, +2 from Rakhan Field Boots); Slash is 7 (6 from Swift Hunter's Garb, +1 from your pendant.) Looks accurate to me.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hello Sapient,

I'm not quite sure without playing with it myself.  Would you be able to do me a favor and send me a copy of your save file to play with?  If you could attach it here or send it to me at support@obsidian.net I would be much appreciative.  If needed, you can find instructions on where your save files are located here.

Thanks Sapient!

It was too large for here so I sent it ahead to the email address.