Soul essence in Seeker Slayer Survivor ?

This is the first time in the game that there is pretty much 0 knowledge about what the 4 different options do...

The 4 options I am referring to is whether to return Soul to Wheel, Consume it, Return to Crucible or Empower Matua.

Does someone have a link to lore or some info that explains wth these options are even for?

Or perhaps just what each one does.

I guess consuming it gives upgrade material and empowering Matua helps some kind of ending...

what do wheel and crucible options do?

you can't return the souls to the Wheel until after killing the Poroka. doing so then gets you a gift from Berath. consuming the souls gives you Culmination Stones which give you a free weapon/armor upgrade to Legendary. channeling to Muatu empowers his summon. (and it supposedly you could manifest him permanently? haven't seen anybody do this, so it may have been cut.) and if you made a certain choice in Beast of Winter you can destroy the souls to get gifts from Rymrgand. (+2 accuracy against vessels for each time you destroy the souls, up to a total of +8 accuracy). 

I think the only way to please Galawain is to fix the adra pillar and disperse the souls into the island every chance you get. haven't done it yet though. 

• Like 4

channeling to Muatu empowers his summon. (and it supposedly you could manifest him permanently? haven't seen anybody do this, so it may have been cut.) 

Yes, unfortunately that was cut.

I think the only way to please Galawain is to fix the adra pillar and disperse the souls into the island every chance you get. haven't done it yet though. 

IIRC, it's a bit more complicated than that, but also not quite that strict. I may be misremembering, but I believe to get out without fighting the porokoa requires the player already have a pretty good relationship with Galawain before starting the DLC and then returning the essence to the jungle most of (but not ALL of) the time.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hi, today i tried to return the souls to the wheel, but something is blocking (i have read something about it but found no explanation). I haven't done the "imminent tempest" quest yet, i just returned from the Volcano where i saw Eothas and spoke to him.

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...