Countdown shenanigans on Obsidian's homepage

The only aspect of the game that is concerning me are some of the facial animations. Some are either good or riding in the uncanny valley. I was most prominent at 1:11 in the trailer, a still frame of the woman going :0

Facial animations are just fine.

Certainly better than ME:A. That mad scientist looking dude had fine animations it was that girl that looked too stiff.

• Like 2

I asked for a lo fi sci fi space western and by golly it looks like that's pretty much what The Outer Worlds is. I am quite excited.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bits of gameplay on PCGamer https://www.pcgamer.com/obsidians-the-outer-worlds-blends-firefly-and-fallout-into-a-bold-open-ended-sci-fi-rpg/

Have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed by the setting, I expected something less futuristic and "Neon". Also the clothing and armors look a bit out of place.

I have to say that while I'm confident about the gameplay and RPG aspect of the game I'm also concerned about the gunplay/shooting mechanics, it's hard to get it right (even more in RPGs) and not feel stiff and clunky.

Edited by Daled
  • Like 1