Countdown shenanigans on Obsidian's homepage

I just appreciate that there was humor.  Humor is good.  I like humor.  Now let me have humorous interactions with my party of NPCs... and even better.  Let me have humorous romance options?  Pretty please.  Let me have a miniature giant space hamster????? Pretty, PRETTY please!

• Like 4

"1 is 1"

I expect Obsidian's unique brand of writing and a ultra-buggy launch, backed by an amazing game. I also expect comedy and heart-melting dark monents too - even if it's a brightly world.

Tell me I'm wrong (I'm not). All this and more will be worth my $60+ Neheheeer

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I expect Obsidian's unique brand of writing and a ultra-buggy launch, backed by an amazing game. I also expect comedy and heart-melting dark monents too - even if it's a brightly world.

Tell me I'm wrong (I'm not). All this and more will be worth my $60+ Neheheeer

There will be bugs I'm sure, but won't be New Vegas bad due to the fact that they aren't using a piece of **** engine and Bethesda isn't handling QA. 

Can't wait for it on a sale

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The only aspect of the game that is concerning me are some of the facial animations. Some are either good or riding in the uncanny valley. I was most prominent at 1:11 in the trailer, a still frame of the woman going :0

Obsidian forever trapped in the shadow of Bioware, :wowey:

I saw a Bit if Rage in it as well, which I like.

Btw, Rage 2 won me back again tonight, that Akira style motorcycle or whatever it was looked awesome, I wanna ride it.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I'll definitely buy it!

It's more or less what I expected, Fallout New Vegas meets Borderlands, which in my book, is pretty excellent!

Perhaps a bit too much whacky humor to my liking, just like in Borderlands, I mean, but we knew this would be an Americana future game, so, well, there you go.

But yeah, those faces, and the animations, they are worse than the swollen hot dog hands in Dragon Age Origins, but as long as the game is rich in content and quests and roleplaying, with lots of cool skills, I don't care.

EDIT: For some bizarre reason, a few of the faces reminded me of those of SpongeBob's parents:

tumblr_ln78mifrp61qeqw0k.png

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yeah, graphically the game looks as dated as Fallout 4 but I mean, I kinda expected that. For what I assume it will offer, it will still be worth the money.

Also, who knows, it may change from now to release, unlikely but maybe.

The only aspect of the game that is concerning me are some of the facial animations. Some are either good or riding in the uncanny valley. I was most prominent at 1:11 in the trailer, a still frame of the woman going :0

Facial animations are just fine .

FINALLY an Obsidian game I can enjoy again. How long has it been since New Vegas? Feels like forever.

I can barely deal with isometric anymore (and I never liked the Infinity engine games to begin with) so this is heaven sent for me.

YAY OBSIDIAN!!

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Character creation screen and explanation on what and how the skills and stats (if there are any) work, would be nice to have.

• Like 2

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I WAS RIGHT.

:w00t:

Weird Lord Wael - this overwhelming predictability...

Tell me I'm wrong (I'm not).

Erm... We are supposed to tell you that you don't expect that? Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I love the logo for Outer Worlds, 'cause I interpret that huge O as the Obsidian O.

And the name, after I've watched the reveal video again, can also be read Out-there Worlds!

The whole flair kinda reminds me of Futurama.

• Like 5

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."