Countdown shenanigans on Obsidian's homepage

"Monster Hunter" best RPG... no comment.

• Like 1

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

I WAS RIGHT. YAY DEFINITELY BUYING

So Bioshock and Fallout 4 mixed. Sprinkled with Borderlands.

First person shooter rpg, what I asked for.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Steam store page, pee-odor the crap now ir else this squirrel gonna pee on your nuts!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/578650/The_Outer_Worlds/

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Yes, your character, your build, etc. It's more Fallout 4 than Bioshock but more Bioshock Infinite visual style. I'm in love.

• Like 1

The semi-retro future vibe and color aspiration is there in both games.

Edited by SonicMage117

I suppose there's potential, but the trailer wasn't very convincing. Looked like a generic scifi shooter with overdone Hollywood humor.

We'll see how things open up.

• Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

It's been a longer gap between the release of Alpha Protocol and New Vegas to now than it was between those same games and when the studio was founded. That's how long I've been waiting for another game with Obsidian writing but with a gameplay style I actually could enjoy. Needless to say, I'm absolutely rapt.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Bioshock Infinite is Americana, The Outer World is far out sci-fi. How is that even closely similar?

The art style comes from the same time period and they both seem to be Americana.

I mean, that advertising style was also seen in Europe around the same time. So it's not exclusively American. People forget how global the world already was at the time.

It bears more resemblances to the Art Nouveau of the first Bioshock game, sans the Art Deco, than it does the American Exceptionalism of Infinite.