Countdown shenanigans on Obsidian's homepage

Red Dead Redemption 2 is being hailed a third-world open person game

I had no idea RDR2 was so bleak and gory.

To be honest, it's darker than Clive Barker's Undying. The kkk are in the game, as well as animal abuse. You can even explode a human body or decapitate a man. Dark times my friend, dark times indeed.

Such is the way for only the best rpg's

*Plays Postal 2*

Huehuehue XD

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The original Bioshock leaned much more towards being a straightforward shooter, but it still had a lot of RPG elements like the stealth, the inventory management, the various skills, the hacking minigames (and lockingpicking too?), while Bioshock: Infinite shed most of that and probably doesn't qualify as an immersive sim. 

Immersive sims require the two things in the name- immersiveness and simulation. RPG elements aren't really needed at all, though by their nature RPGs tend to have a lot of the same elements that immersive sims have as well.

While it mostly has the immediate elements of immersiveness Bioshock's attempts at simulation are basic. There's no real emergent gameplay, enemies and the environment don't behave with much realism, stealth doesn't work well (largely due to the engine used, to be fair) and, critically, it's pretty much impossible to suspend disbelief of Rapture being a Real Place existing outside of the narrow confines of being a game. That's not because it's set at the bottom of the ocean, it's because it fails in terms of verisimilitude- internal consistency/ realism such that even if you start out accepting that Rapture, plasmids, Big Daddies/ Little Sisters exist they do not make consistent internal sense except as part of a game system.

In terms of any Obsidian game being an immersive sim, who knows. FONV was probably closest of their current lot, and from Troika both Arcanum and VtMB had elements of immersive sims. I'd suspect not, immersive sims take a lot of effort for not much reward.

Also, its typically the player doing the interacting and not a player character. I mean they might have stats, skills, and upgrades, but an immersive sim lets you do whatever you want, with as little between the player and the game as possible for what it is.

I see some aesthetic similarities with this game. Which is not bad.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/826600/I_am_not_a_Monster/

This one much closer though:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/353700/The_Deadly_Tower_of_Monsters/

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

For some reason that looks like a dirty magazine for old men :D

• Like 1

But needs a ladder to get there >:-F

If you whip a martian in a complete lack of atmosphere, does it make a sound?

only inside of you/him

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

If you whip a martian in a complete lack of atmosphere, does it make a sound?

Only if there's a camera on you.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not long now, the big reveal os coming up but of the 10 big reveals, this will probably be on the bottom 3 for me (if the rumors for the others are true).

Still, excited to see the big reveal nonetheless, will be watching the live stream tomorrow hehe

• Like 1