Countdown shenanigans on Obsidian's homepage

I would absolutely love a space RPG with a belle epoque aesthetic, but this seems a lot more Americanised. Well, we'll finally get some details!

• Like 4

Maybe it's an isometric spiritual successor to Fallout 2 :dancing:

Or maybe it's Obsidian's answer to Bethesda's Fallouts hehe

So many possibilities.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Wasn't it already established that this was OE's solution to not being able to do Fallout games anymore?

I've long been expecting this will be a new IP that is Fallout-esque but more sci-fi than post-apoc.

The

was not a good game (I have no experience with the tabletop version), but, thematically, it'd be a pretty sweet spot to put a modern RPG.  Luminiferous Aether!!!

(Also, I'm reminded for some reason of Sawyer tweeting this a few months back...)

HUZZAH!

Does anyone know what the "Auntie Cleo's" is supposed to be referencing?

MTI0ODc1NjAyNjMyMTY1Mzg2-compressed.jpg

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

PS Vita/3DS sci-fi Shelter sim game hehe

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I would absolutely love a space RPG with a belle epoque aesthetic, but this seems a lot more Americanised. Well, we'll finally get some details!

Looks art nouveau and turn of the 20th century. The gun looks modern though but it has brass on it like steampunk.

Well I now actually viewed the ad and yeah, it's more oriented with Arcanum/Fallout/Bioshock/Dishonored than the cold, bland Mass Effect universe. From a sci fi point of view, this is about as good as it gets. Hope Boyarsky really fleshes out the art. Now I'm hyped.

Oh dear God yes. It's the Duck Dodgers game. Dreams do come true.

duckdodgers-299-sized.png

sc-weapon.jpg

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 5

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

couldn't help but think o' tiger, tiger.

https://smile.amazon.com/Stars-My-Destination-Alfred-Bester/dp/B0026P9LFW/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

is arguable the grandfather o' cyberpunk novels.  got space travel w/i the solar system being common but limited (no ftl) and conflict between inner solar planets and outer at the tipping point o' open war. despite fact the book has aged ok, it is nevertheless full o' anachronisms which remind the reader the novel were written in the mid 1950s. multinational omnicorps which challenge and/or supplant national governments is a staple o' modern cyberpunk, and the tiger, tiger examples o' such corps fulfill the role, but have kodak be one o' the most powerful such multinationals is straining credulity.  is so retro 1950s, but futuristic even so. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I would love a Firefly RPG made by Obsidian (there's already a tabletop version).

But those ads are more "fallout-ish" - meaning they combine futuristic elements with the vibe of the 50's.

I still like the overall vibes of those ads though. The looks, the sound, the rustles... Looks promising to me.

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ignoring Fallout and everything around it, the 1950's were the golden age of sci-fi. Specifically, there were lots of space operas with grand arcs, crazy aliens, and amazing new technology.

I was thinking Golden Age of Sci-fi as well. A more whimsical take on extraterrestrial life forms could be interesting. Not an rpg, but I always thought the Ratchet & Clank universe had a lot of charm for a lot of the same reasons the Golden Age of Sci-fi did.

I think a less grand space opera and more of that campy rag-tag style space opera would be really fun. Less Mass Effect more ST:TOS.

• Like 5

Well the gun looks like it came out of

:p

This was a true gem that nobody played

Hopefully Obsidian stays away from the 50's pastel color pallette though. No more baby blues ala Fallout blues, please.

Edited by SonicMage117

It was the first Fallout what made me a gamer. An actual newspaper had couple of pages dedicated to one mans journey through it and after reading his story, I pestered my mom until she bought it for me(and my two brothers). Not one of us was disappointed. I replayed it last year or year before and it was still great.

So, you know, no pressure or anything.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 5

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

defo looks like 50 aesthetics Sci-Fi - not a big fan of it but we will see :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"