Countdown shenanigans on Obsidian's homepage

https://www.obsidian.net/

Time for the Cain/Boyarsky project to be unveiled?

EDIT: Seems like the ads are changing around. Feels kinda Fallouty cheerio.

Will be unveiled at the Game Awards December 6th https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1067865336639250432

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 12

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

also on twitter the link in OP doesnt work if you just click you have to copy paste the address 

Don't miss the global premiere and announcement of the upcoming RPG by @Obsidian and @PrivateDivision at @TheGameAwards streaming live everywhere next Thursday, December 6 at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT. #WorldsWillChange

Edited by draego
  • Like 2

YES !

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Any guesses?

I'm gonna run with "New IP that is like Fallout in Space"

According to the twitter post it is

Which twitter post? The only one I've seen is the one linked in this thread and I don't see any references to either of those things

From draego's post

tcL4jqb.png

and we know that Private Division is publishing the Cainarsky game so it must be it

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Can't remember what's been said about the Cain and Boyarsky project so far, if anything... I've mostly stuck to the PoE boards here. Will do a little bit of hunting for info, the only thing I remember is Cain saying that if you like Fallout you'll love this, and the ads seem to reference space a lot... hm

Can't remember what's been said about the Cain and Boyarsky project so far, if anything... I've mostly stuck to the PoE boards here. Will do a little bit of hunting for info, the only thing I remember is Cain saying that if you like Fallout you'll love this, and the ads seem to reference space a lot... hm

Very little is knows. It was the biggest project in Obsidian (with bigger team than Deadfire). A while ago Obsidian trademarked "The Outer World", however it is not tied to already existing IP (books I think):

https://www.pcgamesn.com/new-obsidian-game-the-outer-worlds

There was a statement from Cain and/or Boyarsky that if you liked their previous games, you should like that one. 

Already hyped, count me in for a '50s (?) sci-fi in space rpg.

I'm going to try and stay up for the reveal (Game Awards starts at 2.30 am for central europe :/)

Edit: I like this artwork so much 

sc-weapon.jpg

Edited by Daled
  • Like 9

Any guesses?

I'm gonna run with "New IP that is like Fallout in Space"

According to the twitter post it is

Which twitter post? The only one I've seen is the one linked in this thread and I don't see any references to either of those things

From draego's post

tcL4jqb.png

and we know that Private Division is publishing the Cainarsky game so it must be it

To be honest, I'm more excited for the new Alien:Blackout game that is supposedly a sequel to our beloved Aliens: Colonial Marines

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So, is it possibile that Microsoft made the move and bought Obsidian because it wanted this game and was looking for exclusives for its console?

I don't know much about corporate buyouts, I suppose they could've shown Microsoft what they were working on?

Edited by Daled

He he..

what if it's a mobile game. Microsoft wouldn't mind some of that Fallout Shelter money. 

No wait, what if every other person you meet is another player. Amazing. You make your own fun. 

its not a mobile game. if you open the tweet and follow the thread someone asked if it was a mobile game and tweeter said no

Edited by draego