Original PoE1 voices for MC

Hello there! I've been avoiding the forums until now in order to avoid spoilers.

Deadfire looks incredible but I'm having a major problems with it: the voices for the main character have all been changed!

How am I supposed to roleplay my same character from PoE1 with a different voice/attitude?  :blink: 

Also, why have they changed the audio files from .ogg (so easy to mod and replace!) into this new format, impossible to work with??

At the moment, my only solution is to play with my main character without voice, but that's pretty sad, especially because she is a caster!

Do you have any suggestion/solution for this?
Thanks a lot everyone,

Cheers!

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

There was quite a bit of uprasing back in the beta, when people realised than voice sets would be new. If I remember well, Obs explained that new voice lines are required and therefore they rerecorded all voices from scratch. Quick google found me this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/11

Never tried it, hopefully it will work.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There was quite a bit of uprasing back in the beta, when people realised than voice sets would be new. If I remember well, Obs explained that new voice lines are required and therefore they rerecorded all voices from scratch. Quick google found me this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/11

Never tried it, hopefully it will work.

Thank you very much, I was able to recreate the lines that I wanted (mostly chants and invocation sounds) thanks to the info provided in the forum of that mod!

It took me quite a bit of time but I can finally play to the fullest. Thanks again :wub:

• Like 1

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!