Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

v4.0.0 is now available on the Beta Branch

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is this forum only for bugs that didn't happen in v3 or should we report all bugs that occur in v4 ?

GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Unrelated to previous post.

I got access to a Forbidden Sanctum DLC, is this normal ?

• InsaneCommander and David Benefield like this

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1608 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

No.  Hush.  Let us speak no more of this.   :-

• InsaneCommander and SChin like this

David Benefield

David Benefield

Producer

• Developers+
  • 74 posts

Is this forum only for bugs that didn't happen in v3 or should we report all bugs that occur in v4 ?

Correct this sub-forum is intended for catching things unique/new to the v4.0 beta.

https://forums.obsid...gs-and-support/

You can report persistent issues in this forum (there may already be a thread on it!):

https://forums.obsid...oiler-warning/ 

GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

No.  Hush.  Let us speak no more of this.   :-

So huh :D, i'm quite reticent about uninstalling it now. I got a sneak peek of a cool new machine I didn't see advertised anywhere. Is there someone with knowledge(read: from Obsidian) who could tell me what I'm risking/should be expecting in that update?

SChin

SChin

Product Services Manager

• Developers
  • 890 posts

Veteran is now Path of the Half-Damned!

Ydwin's new conversation options are pretty extensive.  Also a bit buggy-- an option that discusses how the party had met Rymrgand is available on a save where that hadn't happened yet (either in Flaune's quest or in BoW). 

@Enoch Do you happen to have a save file where this is occurring that you could send to me at support@obsidian.net?  We can use our own, but I also like to have the team test saves that definitely have the issue occurring.  If needed, you can find instructions on where the saves are kept here.

Thanks Enoch!

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3143 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Veteran is now Path of the Half-Damned!

Ydwin's new conversation options are pretty extensive.  Also a bit buggy-- an option that discusses how the party had met Rymrgand is available on a save where that hadn't happened yet (either in Flaune's quest or in BoW). 

@Enoch Do you happen to have a save file where this is occurring that you could send to me at support@obsidian.net?  We can use our own, but I also like to have the team test saves that definitely have the issue occurring.  If needed, you can find instructions on where the saves are kept here.

Thanks Enoch!

Hmm...  Now I can't seem to duplicate it.  So it was either fixed with ...0025 or it's a conversation option that only crops up the first time you talk with Ydwin.  And I'm not sure I have a hard save before that chat and reasonably close to when she becomes recruitable.

Edited by Enoch, 07 December 2018 - 04:57 PM.

Kaylon

Kaylon

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1292 posts

The mega bosses are a nice addition and I would like to see more of them, but their loot is really disappointing and not proportional with the difficulty of the encounter - the crappy trinket and the stone we keep getting is a joke.

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 387 posts

The mega bosses are a nice addition and I would like to see more of them, but their loot is really disappointing and not proportional with the difficulty of the encounter - the crappy trinket and the stone we keep getting is a joke.

maybe the trinket ability should be per encounter

Kaylon

Kaylon

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1292 posts

maybe the trinket ability should be per encounter

At least... Mega bosses should have "mega" loot.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14865 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
At least it should be mega when it comes to visuals - even if this isn't an online game. ;)

thelee

thelee

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1582 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think the mega bosses are there purely as an additional challenge. Though if they all feel like dropping lots of adra ban and emerald for high-level crafting recipes I wouldn't mind (so you can replenish between fights).

Objectively - what would be the point if mega bosses dropped sweet lewt? Mega bosses are basically the hard endgame... you're by definition already decked out just to fight them. What do you need that sweet lewt for afterwards? To even more roflstomp the already-incredibly-easy-at-level-20 encounters in Ukaizo?

Anyway, the megabosses are the reason why you want the sweet lewt in the first place. Having the megabosses drop sweet lewt themselves seems a bit backwards.

Edited by thelee, 11 December 2018 - 10:53 AM.

• AndreaColombo likes this

Kaylon

Kaylon

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1292 posts

I think the mega bosses are there purely as an additional challenge. Though if they all feel like dropping lots of adra ban and emerald for high-level crafting recipes I wouldn't mind (so you can replenish between fights).

Objectively - what would be the point if mega bosses dropped sweet lewt? Mega bosses are basically the hard endgame... you're by definition already decked out just to fight them. What do you need that sweet lewt for afterwards? To even more roflstomp the already-incredibly-easy-at-level-20 encounters in Ukaizo?

Anyway, the megabosses are the reason why you want the sweet lewt in the first place. Having the megabosses drop sweet lewt themselves seems a bit backwards.

I kill the mega bosses only for the loot because I don't like to do things without purpose. If they would drop nothing I would kill them once for fun and then I wouldn't bother with them again. And since I kill them for the loot I feel the rewards are not proportional to the challenge and that's disappointing. 

PS. Also I would like if you could stop quoting me because it seems you have either a hard way to grasp my ideas, either a tendency of skewing them using false assumptions or flawed logic.

Takkik

Takkik

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Lot of games end game is about killing harder & harder boss and getting better stuff for the next one. But that not Deadfire design since there isn't any tiered gear. Your items never become useless.

In my opinion it's something Obsidian need to fix in a futur game if they continue in this way : How to keep the player interested in loot, feel character progression, when he's at max level and found the gear that match his build. I talked about it in another thread, there is lot of ways (factions, a more developped trinket system with more slots, runes/gems slots etc...).

GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Not having a "best gear ever" is pretty cool though, it brings more diversity into builds.

I think it's a good idea to have more permanent buffs in the style of the witch hut.It doesn't hurt build diversity but it still gives a feeling of progression past max lvl.

• AndreaColombo, thelee and InsaneCommander like this

Gregorovich

Gregorovich

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Steam:inquisitor2996
It depends more on your preferences, and what is your aim, I mean what you want to get from the game. I agree that having a mega-loot from a boss is satisfactory, but not necessary individually for me, as I have more pleasure from killing the boss, so the loot is more like an addition. Plus in Deadfire introducing such loot from Mega booses is not interesting, as you will be able to use it only at the final battle or some low-level encounters, like going aboard.
  • thelee likes this

thelee

thelee

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1582 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I kill the mega bosses only for the loot because I don't like to do things without purpose. If they would drop nothing I would kill them once for fun and then I wouldn't bother with them again. And since I kill them for the loot I feel the rewards are not proportional to the challenge and that's disappointing. 

PS. Also I would like if you could stop quoting me because it seems you have either a hard way to grasp my ideas, either a tendency of skewing them using false assumptions or flawed logic.

giphy.gif

Boy you are one hostile person. All I did was probe why one wants big lewt dropped from megabosses, which Gregorovich also probed about "Plus in Deadfire introducing such loot from Mega booses is not interesting, as you will be able to use it only at the final battle or some low-level encounters, like going aboard."

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1166 posts

Each megaboss gives you a cool trinket and an adra stone to upgrade your items to max level. The loot is bad ass

Verde

Verde

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1578 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG

Ahh ok so in fact it may actually be a strength?

No, is clearly a disadvantage. As intended. You lose Persistant Distraction, for one.
Well Boeroer is making it sound like a non issue...who do I believe?!
Both of us. It's pretty much non-issue if you are ranged. And as melee you can probably work around it by charming a foe nearby, thereby gaining flanked status on the enemy in melee.

It's a penalty. A minor setback. Not the end of the world ;-)
Hehe I know I'm being facetious. I think these new subclasses will take some tinkering after release. Current Rogue subclasses are already strong so it's all good.

Edited by Verde, 12 December 2018 - 12:35 PM.

Kaylon

Kaylon

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1292 posts

Plus in Deadfire introducing such loot from Mega booses is not interesting, as you will be able to use it only at the final battle or some low-level encounters, like going aboard.

False argument. Who says you have to leave the mega bosses at the end of the game? You can reach max level at half of the game and you have plenty of time to enjoy whatever loot you want if you pick it at the right time.

giphy.gif

Boy you are one hostile person. All I did was probe why one wants big lewt dropped from megabosses, which Gregorovich also probed about "Plus in Deadfire introducing such loot from Mega booses is not interesting, as you will be able to use it only at the final battle or some low-level encounters, like going aboard."

wpbu0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users