Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

v4.0.0 is now available on the Beta Branch

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Verde

Verde

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
Awesome stuff but I'm not understanding the Debonair subclass. Cannot engage?! Isn't that major downfall?!

Ancelor

Ancelor

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 118 posts

Arcane archer looks very interesting...

I wish there was a balancing in barbarian abilities too (cost reduction of barbaric blow, less deflection penalty in rage etc) but this looks very nice overall

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14517 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Awesome stuff but I'm not understanding the Debonair subclass. Cannot engage?! Isn't that major downfall?!

Doesn't matter at all if you are either ranged (no engagement anyway) or if you don't want to bind enemies in melee like tanks want to. You can always attack enemies without engagement. You just won't be able to stop their movement and do disengagement attacks.
Actually a lot of enemies don't have engagement (e.g. Tigers). And most classes also start off with no engagement.

Edited by Boeroer, 30 November 2018 - 04:44 AM.

Kriber22

Kriber22

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does anyone know how those new Cipher abilities work? How's Focus generation when you don't have Soul Whip?

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 368 posts

should arcane archer have animal companions?

and arcana add accuracy looks really strong

does it stack with spearcaster?

do ancient get ordinary animal shift like other druid?

was hoping for shift into a tree

veteran get weird ai buff too?

was hoping for a non buff version of potd

Edited by uuuhhii, 30 November 2018 - 05:34 AM.

Vatman27

Vatman27

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts

Does anyone know how those new Cipher abilities work? How's Focus generation when you don't have Soul Whip?

They will be generated over time like mana regen but will get interrupted when you take damage for a short while. I hope the focus generation speed is pretty high otherwise Psions are just ****tier Chanters

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
was hoping for a non buff version of potd

This can be modded. Appreciate it's not the same as having it officially sanctioned, but since it doesn't seem likely to happen at this point...

Clerith

Clerith

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 346 posts

I saw Blood Mage and I got hard. I hope I enjoy it, though Arcane Archer might make me roll a Ranger for real. I'm hoping for new synergy with Frostseeker.

Archaven

Archaven

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1500 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Chanter:

• - Fixed an issue that caused the base Cone effect from "Her Revenge Swept Across the Land" to bounce, not just the additional bolts.

Meaning of this? Nerf?

Also, not sure if it's just me. Conversation with Hazanui VO were abruptly cut incomplete. Anyone have this? Has it been fixed?

PS. all my playthrus are potd upscaled. Was there a need or request to up veteran difficulty?

Edited by Archaven, 30 November 2018 - 07:34 AM.

Verde

Verde

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG

Doesn't matter at all if you are either ranged (no engagement anyway) or if you don't want to bind enemies in melee like tanks want to. You can always attack enemies without engagement. You just won't be able to stop their movement and do disengagement attacks.
Actually a lot of enemies don't have engagement (e.g. Tigers). And most classes also start off with no engagement.

Ahh ok so in fact it may actually be a strength?

Frak

Frak

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 405 posts

Ahh ok so in fact it may actually be a strength?

No, is clearly a disadvantage. As intended. You lose Persistant Distraction, for one.

baldurs_gate_2

baldurs_gate_2

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ah, i don't like that mods don't get disabled with challenges. What prevents someone, to use a god mode mod and get it?

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
So what if they do? More power to them if that’s how they like to play.
  • Carmir, InsaneCommander, dukeisaac and 4 others like this

protopersona

protopersona

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 214 posts

Ah, i don't like that mods don't get disabled with challenges. What prevents someone, to use a god mode mod and get it?

This isn't an MMO or ranked multiplayer game. It's a single player experience. How you play the game and the validation you get from it shouldn't be affected by how other people choose to do it. Same goes for achievements. They aren't meant for validating yourself to others or bragging rights. I think they should be a way of having personal goals if you want them.

• Carmir, InsaneCommander, Hawke64 and 1 other like this

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2288 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Players can edit gamedatabundles directly. So if someone wanted god mode - he could get it no matter if mods are allowed or not.

These are psion's abilities: screenshot
Soul Mind generation scales. And for single class Psion is:
lvl 1: +1 focus per second
lvl 5: +2 focus per second
lvl 11: +3 focus per second
lvl 19: +4 focus per second

P.S. That's kinda low tbh.

Edited by MaxQuest, 30 November 2018 - 12:25 PM.

• Kriber22 and InsaneCommander like this

David Benefield

David Benefield

Producer

• Developers+
  • 74 posts

v4.0 Beta is now available on GOG as well, sorry about the delay!!

(Updating original Post to reflect this as well)

• AndreaColombo, sp3cw4r, DozingDragon and 4 others like this

bringingyouthefuture

bringingyouthefuture

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

This all looks super positive and exciting ... can't wait for the final DLC!!!

• InsaneCommander likes this

Takkik

Takkik

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

if you're multiclassed, +3/second is the max.

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1141 posts

there isn't an achievement for it, so it's not like they can steal gaming valour. I think these words from Josh Sawyer regarding the Pillars 1 Trial Of Iron mode are appropriate:

The Trial of Iron mode has been presented in Pillars of Eternity as a special, optional challenge for players who wish to undertake it. This mode restricts players to a single save game. If the party is ever defeated, the save game is deleted.

We do not believe it is necessary for us to police how players manipulate their save game data. You may choose to play Trial of Iron in whatever manner you see fit. However, I would like to take this opportunity to ask you to consider the following: what does it mean to achieve victory in Trial of Iron if the spirit of the challenge has been broken? What does defeat mean if you have pursued victory in the spirit of the challenge?

Think upon this and act as your conscience dictates. Thanks for reading.

J.E. Sawyer
Director and Lead Designer

Edited by house2fly, 30 November 2018 - 01:00 PM.

• AndreaColombo, InsaneCommander, Wormerine and 1 other like this

Hawke64

Hawke64

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Steam:Hawke_404
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I hope, Ship Respawning is optional?

Edited by Hawke64, 30 November 2018 - 02:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users