Wireless Headset

Lexx

Oi fellas,

I'm looking for a new wireless headset. Preferably something that works with the PS4 as well (just found out that my old wireless won't get recognized by it). It shouldn't be in the 200 bucks category, but I sure won't mind a good microphone quality either. Maybe around 100 or so bucks? If the arguments are sound, I might go higher, but eh... if not necessary.

My current headphones also hurt my ears because they are pressing on the glasses, which gets very uncomfortable after a couple minutes, so something big / over ears would probably not be bad.

Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I generally stick with Sennheiser for my headphones needs, they never disappoint in the audio quality category.  All my stuff is wired, though, so I can't really make a specific recommendation to you.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

Totally forgot that I made this thread...

Bought the Turtle Beach Stealth 600, because here I was sure that it'll work with the PS4. The sound quality is good and all, but holy hell, that microphone is so damn sensitive. It picks up EVERYTHING in my room. Sometimes I think it even picks up my heart beat.... Is there no sensitivity setting in the PS4? This is so huge, it's unusable, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also on the hunt for a wireless gaming headset (over-ear for me), but I'm shocked by the prices. I mean, $350 for a headset?!

The sound quality doesn't have to be great. The mic doesn't have to be great. The only things a gaming headset needs to concentrate on is comfort and bujild quality (it has to be able to withstand a few throws to the ground.. :p ).

Why are they so damn expensive?!

Uh.. any tips welcome. Sennheiser is overrated btw. We use them at work.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I got the Sennheiser. it's alright. 

I guess you pay through the roof for branding no matter what. Plus If you are buying anything called 'gamer' it will have embarrassing logos and an LED light show going on. 

I just bought my first mechanical keyboard and ruined it with a spilled drink the same day. So, yeah, there is something to be said for regular old keyboards even if they don't sound as cool, I have several that have survived a cola spill. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I went with the HyperX Cloud Flight. They have a sale on them right now and it's gotten decent enough reviews. I tried it on in one of the stores here and they fit me well.

I did notice that they become very hot after 30+ minutes though. Hard to detect while standing in a store..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!