Carnage: nope.

Torment's Reach: nope (although there's something weird going on with Spirit Lance...)

What works:

- Clear Out (and upgrades), melee only

- Whispers of the Wind, ranged and melee

- Whirling Strikes, melee only

- Heart of Fury, ranged and melee

- Driving Flight, ranged only

So the only multiclass-abilities are Driving Flight and Clear Out. Driving Flight not with Scordeo's Edge obviously. ;)

Several weapons do translate on-hit effects in an AoE though. For example hand mortars, rods + Blast and Spirit Lance. Also Wahaī Pōraga and Whispers of the Endless Paths (but those two not in 100% of cases).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Carnage: nope.

Torment's Reach: nope (although there's something weird going on with Spirit Lance...)

What works:

- Clear Out (and upgrades), melee only

- Whispers of the Wind, ranged and melee

- Whirling Strikes, melee only

- Heart of Fury, ranged and melee

- Driving Flight, ranged only

So the only multiclass-abilities are Driving Flight and Clear Out. Driving Flight not with Scordeo's Edge obviously. ;)

Several weapons do translate on-hit effects in an AoE though. For example hand mortars, rods + Blast and Spirit Lance. Also Wahaī Pōraga and Whispers of the Endless Paths (but those two not in 100% of cases).

Do you know if Clear Out triggers Heartbeat Drumming and or Swift Flurry? I am debating making a build using Scordeo's Edge and either an Ascendant that spams spells after triggering Blade Cascade or a Monk that can trigger Blade Cascade more quickly.

Related thing I've wondered about but haven't tested:  Do poisons apply AoE when used with AoE-base-attack weapons or abilities?

They only apply on the first hit calculated.  After the first roll check (irregardless of whether or not the hit lands), the poison on the weapon is gone and you have to reapply it.

If you could mass apply poison I think it'd be broken.  Stone Joint does something like 250 Raw damage along with -35% Action Speed and Stride on a normal hit at Alchemy 20.  If you could apply that to a group using a hand mortar or WotEP that would be insane value.  

Edited by guildwriter

Related thing I've wondered about but haven't tested: Do poisons apply AoE when used with AoE-base-attack weapons or abilities?

They only apply on the first hit calculated. After the first roll check (irregardless of whether or not the hit lands), the poison on the weapon is gone and you have to reapply it.

If you could mass apply poison I think it'd be broken. Stone Joint does something like 250 Raw damage along with -35% Action Speed and Stride on a normal hit at Alchemy 20. If you could apply that to a group using a hand mortar or WotEP that would be insane value.

Agreed. I figured it would be a well-known exploit if it worked, so I never really tested it out.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So I did more testing and it turns out that poisons do take from global accuracy bonuses (or at least assassinate).  Currently I suspect that devotions of the faithful style accuracy bonuses (which are confirmed to work with scrolls) do benefit the poison to hit chance.  Ranger could work as well.

So with a morningstar hit (+25) + assassinate (+25) + devotions (+10)  you're looking at a +60 accuracy bonus.  If you really want to get funky, stack a might and cons affliction on top of that.  At that point you could probably poison most anything that isn't immune.

But yeah, that's pretty high maintenance.