Plea. Dear Obsidian. Please tell us the new subclasses

Clearly you are referring to the chanter “juggalo” subclass, who intimidates his opponents with his fiercesome chants regarding the mysterious nature of magnetism and ancient architecture while swilling sugary brightly colored potions.

Because that tweet is full of pop-cultural awesomeness I feel it is my civic duty to add the reference. (ca 1.50 minutes in if you only want the best part)

May the water, fire, earth and derp be with you.

• Like 2

Nerf Troubadour!

Alright guys, with the blessings of Josh Sawyer and Nick Carver I can share one of the new subclasses. I'm picking the Wizard one because I think people will really enjoy it!

Subclass: Blood Mage

Description: Devoted to the belief that blood fuels the power of the soul, Blood Mages walk a painful and self-destructive path to arcane mastery. Though reputable animancers have discredited their beliefs, those few that have witnessed blood magic cannot deny that gratuitous self-harm can indeed preface unbelievable - often terrible - magical events.

Bonus 

• Gain Blood Sacrifice - Draw upon your own lifeforce to fuel your magic when others could not. Receive a variable amount of Raw Damage in order to restore a spell level of equal or lesser proportion to the damage received. After use, wizard spells will receive a bonus to Power Lever for a short time.
  • Gain passive health regeneration.

Penalty

• Unable to use Empower
  • Defenses against bloodied attackers are reduced

=)

• Like 21

I try my very best.

Alright guys, with the blessings of Josh Sawyer and Nick Carver I can share one of the new subclasses. I'm picking the Wizard one because I think people will really enjoy it!

[...]

=)

That's like 9% of the classes.

You can hereby have 9% of a joke as reward

A wizard, an amazon, a dwarf and hobgoblin walks into a bar. Behind the bar an oliphant is tending the bar ...

• Like 4

Nerf Troubadour!

Description: Devoted to the belief that blood fuels the power of the soul, Blood Mages walk a painful and self-destructive path to arcane mastery. Though reputable animancers have discredited their beliefs, those few that have witnessed blood magic cannot deny that gratuitous self-harm can indeed preface unbelievable - often terrible - magical events.

Bonus

• Gain Blood Sacrifice - Draw upon your own lifeforce to fuel your magic when others could not. Receive a variable amount of Raw Damage in order to restore a spell level of equal or lesser proportion to the damage received. After use, wizard spells will receive a bonus to Power Lever for a short time.

Penalty

• Unable to use Empower

=)

Thanks!

I'll definitely play a Blood Mage that believes other people's blood will give him power too. :rolleyes::p

P.S.: people that don't like Empower will love this!

• Like 3

sign.jpg

Bonus

Penalty

• Unable to use Empower

=)

DangerousBlandGossamerwingedbutterfly-sm

But in all seriousness I am super excited to see what the others are. Hope to see them soon in the beta patch!

• Like 1

I am praying it wasn't the ICP reference that got the Dev Team to divulge its secrets ...

Edit:

I am thinking flesh eating barbarian blood mage right now could possibly be a member of ICP.

Edited by bringingyouthefuture
  • Like 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

So, how much PL is gained and for how long? How many times per encounter can Blood Sacrifice be used? :)

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Bonus

Penalty

• Unable to use Empower

=)

Dude! Noice!  :dancing:

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Bonus

Penalty

• Unable to use Empower

=)

omg this is perfect for my power-hungry, misotheist, metaphysicist wizard i was planning to play soon!

I don't think I'm allowed to tell you what the new subclasses are, but I can say that the new Rogue and Monk ones are my favorite subclasses in the whole game. It's a lot of fun to build and play around them.

They're worth the wait, in my opinion of course =)

How about tutorial on how to mod new subclass? :)

• Like 1

Bonus

Penalty
  • Unable to use Empower
=)

What makes me most happy about this is that the dev's show some love for the forums. So much takes place on other social platforms these days that this old lady (ie Obsidian forums) seems forgotten and left to itself. So this little snippet of information makes me very happy. Thanks aartz!

• Like 7

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Bonus

Aha! Life Tap! :)

Can't wait to make a concelhaut-themed warlock)

Am also curious to see how good that regen/scaling is, if BS is instant and how does it interact with death-prevention effects, wounds generation (+ rooting pain), take the hit, bonus elemental damage and deltro's cage helm.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

And High RES + Clarity + Lone Wolf (see Sacred Immolation's self dmg getting nullified by that combo).

I played a Berserker/Nalpasca the other playthrough and the wound generation through Frenzy was so powerful.

I predict that Sages are going to be even more awesome than they already are. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The Blood Mage looks great! Will any of the encounters in Forgotten Sanctum have hostile NPCs that use the new subclasses?  It would be nice to see how the designers build an encounter around the new abilities.  

I hope they have enough time to make any kith enemies in the DLC use the new subclasses, that'd be a great idea

• Like 2

Someone wake up @boeroer! Get @maxquest off the toilet. Gather the other usual suspects. I need a breakdown of the new subclasses And I NEED. IT. NOW.

It's gonna be kinda hard because some of the named abilities are unclear.

"Forbidden Fist" from the new monk-subclass. What is that about? 

"Rougish Charm" does what?

NO JOKE FOR YOU OBSIDAISY, UNTIL CLARIFICATION!

Nerf Troubadour!