Two simple things you wish to see the most in The Forgotten Sanctum

Bigger doesn't mean better, plus if the unknown is little consistent. I prefer ten dungeon like oathbinder sanctum or the hanging sepulchers over one like caed nua.

Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, but it can create a different experience.  The best large dungeons provide more space for plot and atmosphere, a small dungeon will usually tell a small story.  A larger dungeon can normally tell several related stories that build up to a larger tale.  The Endless Paths, which was by no means perfect, told several small stories that slowly added up to a bigger tale.  A king's growing madness led to amoral research but also a peasant rebellion.  Even after it was sealed, the power contained drew and trapped adventurers and creatures alike as the whole area decayed.  The grief and arrogance of the king meant that the everything around him was always dying, but could not die.

Oathbinder's Sanctum shows that a group of fanatics that chased justice, but were too fanatical and created injustice.  The Hanging Sepulcher has good design, but it fails to communicate much of a story.  It's not a bad dungeon, but it doesn't have the same scale as something like Durgan's Battery.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like Caed Nua 2. I really loved the way they did Caed Nua in Pillars. At first it didn't catch me, but after 1 playthrough it grew on me - the different areas, all the puzzles of the big story and increasingly bigger payoffs.

I also want freaking more soulbound items, the basegame offered ridiculously few of them.

But most of all I want Tiny Sporeling.

• Like 1

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.