Two simple things you wish to see the most in The Forgotten Sanctum

Or is it a long sleeved, buttoned t-shirt with extra length? Let's ask Karl Lagerfeld. It looks like something he would wear as leisure suit...

Well, that outfit is ok. If you want to look like a catholic priest or sad Keanu Reeves. 

I still agree that bugarup holds the candle of truth shining a light in dark jungle of bloodthirsty fashionistas.

"Cool looking robe" is an oxymoron.

Nerf Troubadour!

Anything without sleeves give me the chills. It's called airflow.  :devil:

And if you're referring to Kylo Rens outfit I will vehemently claim that the perception that outfit is 'kewl' is 75% due to Adam Drivers hair.

Had he been bald nobody would want to wear it. Everbody would be like, "eww, that shirtless robe looks itchy".

Nerf Troubadour!

I want a big dungeon.  It should be at least 4 levels, with puzzles and secrets and difficult fights.  The game has yet to deliver a Durlag's Tower style dungeon.  I could also use a town with as many quests as Dyrford or Stalwart.

But really what I want is for this DLC to be more like an expansion than a DLC, and that's not going to happen.

Finally, by the time the third game comes out, we should have a world map; doesn't matter if it's incomplete.

• Like 2

That’s the Forgotten Sanctum, isn’t it?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Beast Of Winter had a, what, six level dungeon? Clifftop, temple area, Bridge Ablaze, Drowned Kingdom, Infinite Queries, final White Void area

Beast of Winter was a pretty linear campaign, not really a dungeon.  By dungeon I meant it in the classical style; big scary castle, lots of different rooms with different enemies that are thematically unified, usually going down, traps and puzzles, that tells some story of ruination, always with a boss at the end.  The only part of Beast of Winter I would consider a dungeon would be the temple area.  I enjoyed some of the other areas, but they weren't the same type of experience.

Pillars I had tons of them, like the Endless Paths, White March, and Raedric's Keep.  Pillars II doesn't really, even though Ukaizo and the Beast of Winter would have been perfect for it.

Edited by anameforobsidian

We need something like Durgan's Battery.

Beast Of Winter had a, what, six level dungeon? Clifftop, temple area, Bridge Ablaze, Drowned Kingdom, Infinite Queries, final White Void area

Erm... isn't the whole SSS Forgotten Sanctum a huge dungeon? "Carved into the flesh of a sleeping god" 'n stuff?

This one may be more like Head, Chest, Intestines, Genitals, Knees and Feet.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I don't know why people praise so much the dungeons in poe1, many of them are three floor deep but are filled with trash mob room after room. Also poe2 has a LOT of dungeons, maybe smaller but more characterized, and imho fort deadlight win over raedric keep.

Because they are bigger. You have that feeling of exploring the unknown, uncertain of what lies ahead. That doesn't happen in a short dungeon, at least not when you have played for a time, start expecting that all dungeons are short and get confirmation of it over and over again.

That said, I liked to explore the Old City and Ashen Maw.

• Like 2

sign.jpg

Raedric and Fort Deadlight are mirror images.

Old City is the bomb! In a good way.

Oathbinders Sanctum is .. ok.

(And that's how far I got with dungeoneering in POE2, 'CAUSE I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE NEW SUBCLASSES!)

Edited by Frak

Nerf Troubadour!

Im really up for a big ol' school claustrophobic dungeon. I think its fair to say nothing quite replicates the vibe. Raedrics hold is great on its own terms, but it aint the same.

Caed nua more like a sensible version of that 'via infinitum' from FFX-2 or whatever it was called.

Generally, i dont like to think in terms of games 'missing things' - best to focus on what a game has and does imo.

but ngl a durlags tower would put deadfire over the top for me. The series has knocked out some pretty great small dungeons and set pieces. Now its time for a centrepiece.

• Like 1

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Erm... isn't the whole SSS Forgotten Sanctum a huge dungeon? "Carved into the flesh of a sleeping god" 'n stuff?

This one may be more like Head, Chest, Intestines, Genitals, Knees and Feet.

https://youtu.be/Xpt4j6CgqW4

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods