Woedica's Challenge

• All Per-Encounter and Class resources become Per Rest.
  • Party Health no longer regenerates outside of combat.
  • While camping, only "Prepared Meals" will recover Injuries and Resources.

I wonder how this will work out. I would think the casting resources need to be rebalanced (i know obsidian wont do this) since just turning to per rest would mean you have very few spells across multiple battles. May require a mod to balance something like this. If caster still only have two cast per level that would seem to punishing but would be interesting what community comes up with. Reading the description, i wonder if this mean all per encounter abilities turns to per rest? That is how i am reading it. I would think the part of the community that wanted per rest stuff was only wanting for casters but having for everyone would make a tough challenge. Maybe be fun though.

Also is there ways to heal outside of combat besides resting right now. I assume those that wanted something like that would want to be able to heal with magic or something. should make for a tough playthough though

I have been wondering what is stopping someone from creating mod turning casters into per rest casting like POE1. not sure if in POE2 this is just not possible, but if not maybe this challenge add code to allow modders to mess with this. So i could see a mod that would just bypass the challenge altogether 

Edited by draego

Can't use mods with challenges, unless they change that. It's easy enough to mod more spells per level though

I have been wondering what is stopping someone from creating mod turning casters into per rest casting like POE1. not sure if in POE2 this is just not possible, but if not maybe this challenge add code to allow modders to mess with this. So i could see a mod that would just bypass the challenge altogether 

Edited by draego

Woedica's Challenge

• All Per-Encounter and Class resources become Per Rest.
  • Party Health no longer regenerates outside of combat.
  • While camping, only "Prepared Meals" will recover Injuries and Resources.

I wonder how this will work out. I would think the casting resources need to be rebalanced since just turning to per rest would mean you have very few spells across multiple battles. May require a mod to balance something like this. If caster still only have two cast per level that would seem to punishing but would be interesting what community comes up with. Reading the description, i wonder if this mean all per encounter abilities turns to per rest? That is how i am reading it. I would think the part of the community that wanted per rest stuff was only wanting for casters but having for everyone would make a tough challenge. Maybe be fun though

it they don't increase class resources, it would mean that you'd have to stock up on prepared foods and also it would shift the balance of power to martial classes, who have a lot more "steady-state" power.

i doubt they would do the following (because i think challenges are meant to be strictly harder), but it would help the transition to per-rest if casters got +1 cast at each AL and martial classes got a boost (or were left at per-encounter).

i think empower use just to refresh resources becomes more essential.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 3

Well it's a challenge, so I don't think they will do any rebalancing.

Personally I don't care for challenges and I will try to find a mod that increases the resources.

Oh, and Brilliant will be even better here!

JUST when they finally nerfed it, it becomes obscene again  :aiee:

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I mentioned this in the announcement thread, but Woedica's combined with Rymrgand will be great for anyone who wants really limited rests. Many prepared foods last as little as 1 day, so you could really be out the ability to rest while out wandering. (Not to mention the ingredients needed to prep food spoil as well. Not going to lie probably not going to combine these challenges ever)

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

JUST when they finally nerfed it, it becomes obscene again :aiee:

No more nerfs, please. Let’s keep Brilliant in its current state, where I can easily revert it back to its original, fun self :p

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus