Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #58 - The Forgotten Sanctum Preview

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

Insolentius

Insolentius

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

To any Obsidian devs - how does the Woedica challenge affect the resource management of ciphers and chanters?

Khagmas

Khagmas

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Steam:Gwynrick
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ok, another 3-4 months and it will be possible to play the final build.

I hope that the subclass for the rogues will not be associated with pirates.

Edited by Khagmas, 21 November 2018 - 08:32 AM.

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2373 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Is there supposed to be major patch release after Sanctum? Or are you just referring to a final bug patch?

baldurs_gate_2

baldurs_gate_2

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 880 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

This has been the dlc I've been looking forward to the most since they were first announced. To hear that we will be getting an extra wizard subclass out of it as well is great!

Why? The sub-classes of wizards are bad. You lose access to 2 schools for 2 power levels. If it were +10 PL, i would say ok, but +2 is not enough. That needs a complete rework.

• misterjimmy and Khagmas like this

thelee

thelee

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

This has been the dlc I've been looking forward to the most since they were first announced. To hear that we will be getting an extra wizard subclass out of it as well is great!

Why? The sub-classes of wizards are bad. You lose access to 2 schools for 2 power levels. If it were +10 PL, i would say ok, but +2 is not enough. That needs a complete rework.

+10 PL is way too obscene.

The subclasses aren't really that bad. They are more niche. If all you do is focus in on your specialized school, you are strictly better than a normal wizard in every way possible. Try rolling an evoker, transmute, or illusionist. Conjurers and enchanters need some help because PL scaling is really bad for buffs and summons.

Edited by thelee, 21 November 2018 - 09:37 AM.

ts-sts

ts-sts

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Is there supposed to be major patch release after Sanctum? Or are you just referring to a final bug patch?

I think he is referring to the continued patching. Though PoE2 patch/dlc process has been faster, so who knows when it will be the close-to-final build

Edited by ts-sts, 21 November 2018 - 09:43 AM.

• Khagmas likes this

anathanielh

anathanielh

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 429 posts
Perhaps my bananamancer dreams have come true. Only time will tell.

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3152 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The subclasses aren't really that bad. They are more niche. If all you do is focus in on your specialized school, you are strictly better than a normal wizard in every way possible. Try rolling an evoker, transmute, or illusionist. Conjurers and enchanters need some help because PL scaling is really bad for buffs and summons.

I haven't tried them personally, but I would think that Illusionists suffer more than Conjurers.  The vast majority of illusions just get duration and (for the debuffs) tiny ACC boosts from a higher PL.  Conjurers at least have some staple spells that benefit from the PL scaling on Damage and Penetration (NecLance, NoxBurst, the Walls, etc.).  Are there even Illusions that do direct damage besides Wall of Many Colors? 

(That said, the non-spell specialization benefit and excluded schools probably both favor Illusionists.)

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 397 posts

I haven't tried them personally, but I would think that Illusionists suffer more than Conjurers.  The vast majority of illusions just get duration and (for the debuffs) tiny ACC boosts from a higher PL.  Conjurers at least have some staple spells that benefit from the PL scaling on Damage and Penetration (NecLance, NoxBurst, the Walls, etc.).  Are there even Illusions that do direct damage besides Wall of Many Colors? 

(That said, the non-spell specialization benefit and excluded schools probably both favor Illusionists.)

Concelhaut's Crushing Doom are illusion spell

Frak

Frak

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 444 posts

Perhaps my bananamancer dreams have come true. Only time will tell.

*Strokes beard thoughtfully*

Interesting. How ... would ... that  ... work?

(Also, how do you feel about Pallegina?)

Sceptenar

Sceptenar

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, this DLC seems pretty centered around Wael. Would a Wael-godlike be too much to hope for? 

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5386 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, this DLC seems pretty centered around Wael. Would a Wael-godlike be too much to hope for? 

Spoiler

• ShadySands, thelee and dukeisaac like this

White Phoenix

White Phoenix

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I hope it will be as good as Beast of Winter. I'd love to see some Lovecraftian themes in FS (personally I am huge fan of Nyarlathotep) however I never liked Wael much (ironically as it is the closest thing to 'Lovecraftian deity').

Hope Ondra will have some love in FS too :)

Patch 4.0 sounds fantastic, especially Woedica's challenge.

dukeisaac

dukeisaac

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

More subclasses, a Wael expansion, per-rest casting, no full healing between combat.... THIS IS EVERYTHING I WANTED

Obsidian, thanks for being so awesome

You and me bro. You and me

Me too. :)

There's space for all of us :)

• InsaneCommander likes this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5386 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Based on this:

All of the subclasses were designed by Nick Carver, though I gave some high-level feedback on them.  I’m not sure if we have plans for an update about them, so I’ll refrain for now.

Looks like they won't be reusing any of the unique companion subclasses, which in my book is a huge plus.

I'm very curious about them. I don't think there can be any DPS-oriented Fighter or Monk subclass that trumps the Devoted/Helwalker combo for me, but still—you never know, and I'm very curious nonetheless.

Now we really need to know whether we can mix the Challenges with mods and Blessings :)

• thelee, InsaneCommander, dukeisaac and 2 others like this

Khagmas

Khagmas

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Steam:Gwynrick
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I would like to see interesting and worthwhile subclasses, not necessarily only one for each class. Hope the Wizard's subclasses will fixed it. They are broken now and better to play without them.

For the Rogues, I personally would like to see something like that:

Rogue, The Adventurer Subclass - "The Adventurers are accustomed to be on the road and often fall into various dangers in their travels. They have learned how to inflict the strongest deadly attacks to opponents, but the battle is exhausting them."

Bonus:
+2 Penetration on the Critical Hits;
+50% Critical Hit Damage;

Penalty:
-2 Accuracy and
+5% Recovery Time for every outcoming Сritical Hit to the Battle's End. (Not more than -20 and +50% respectively);

-2 Deflection, Fortitude, Reflex and Will for every incoming Critical Hit to the Battle's End. (Not more than -20);

P.S: I can write my own vision of the subclasses of the Wizards, if anyone is interested.

Edited by Khagmas, 21 November 2018 - 11:32 AM.

• InsaneCommander likes this

lorddarkflare

lorddarkflare

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Can we have a do-over on Magran's challenge?

A full god-run sounds perfect except for hers. Hers just seems annoying.

At the very least a per-battle pause budget would be a much better implementation.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2080 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Looks like they won't be reusing any of the unique companion subclasses, which in my book is a huge plus.

I didn't expect this, but it's good to see some indication that we'll get something new. :)

P.S: I can write my own vision of the subclasses of the Wizards, if anyone is interested.

I am.

Logos

Logos

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Because, other than Evoker, the wizard sub-classes are bad, and wizard is my favorite class. I have hope that the new wizard subclass will be interesting to play. 

bringingyouthefuture

bringingyouthefuture

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Only 3 weeks to finish my first playthrough - and then to start a new chapter with a new character ... hehe

EDIT:  I bet they up the spell number for priests in the challenge, but not for wizards bwahahaha!

Edited by bringingyouthefuture, 21 November 2018 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users