Update #58 - The Forgotten Sanctum Preview

I'll take a wizard subclass that's essentially a D&D warlock.

Do like warlock concept as well. Although a bit modified.

I.e. someone who:

- dots and drains his opponents.

- can convert his health to spell usages

- can inflict strong single-target cc

- and spread status and periodic effects from one enemy to adjacent; but at a cost of penalty to his AR and healing taken

Although that's already enough for a whole separate class)

For wizard subclass, I'd be glad with just lifetap and bonus to corrode damage and healing taken.

Edited by MaxQuest

There are good mods for this. XP gain will not get "rebalanced" significantly because you need to get to (or get near to) level 20 when only doing the critical path.

Who  says that you *have* to be level 20 by the end of the game?

Is it a big deal if you're level 18 or even lower? Is it a big deal if the last boss is beatable when you're not max level? When there's so many big bosses to test yourself on anyway.

I'm also in the opinion that by the time I reach the last boss, I don't need it to be a grinding encounter.

In Deadfire it's at least possible to somewhat self managed even without mods. Just don't do all the useless bounty quests, which feel extremely repetitive and boring.

Original Pillars was balanced way better. Even though the bounty quests there also reward you too much XD

✔ Certified Bat Food

Wizard Scholar

Bonus: Gain the Consume Grimoire ability, which permanently destroys your equipped grimoire (you can switch in a new one from your quick slots) and provides the caster with the brilliant inspiration for 15 seconds. Once per encounter.

Malus: Recovery time increased by 20%.

I would like to see stuff like this. Either new game mechanics that go beyond number tweaking or really sound rp concepts (e.g. Nalpazca, Ghost Heart). Ideally both at once  :yes:

There are good mods for this. XP gain will not get "rebalanced" significantly because you need to get to (or get near to) level 20 when only doing the critical path.

Who  says that you *have* to be level 20 by the end of the game?

Well... I do. Here:

[...]because you need to get to (or get near to) level 20 when only doing the critical path[...]

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ship respawning?

Both Great and annoying.

In my opinion, the best way to make it works is having the " defeated " ships respawn once you reach fixed points in the plot.

Like :

Let's say that during the main plot there are 10 more or less important location that more or less advance the general progress of the main story.

Each time you reach one of those points, the ships are refreshed. Respawned.

So, it means also adding the challenge of creating a strong and effective enough party so that you can destroy as many ships as you can.

Because with my suggestion, the respawn is not unlimited but tied to reaching " fixed points ".

So, early in the game you'll have problem taking down some ships (your low level...)

This adds the challenge to test yourself and see, for each ship respawn event, how many ship you can sink before being unable to destroy the " bigger fish of the sea ".

------------------------------------------------

In my opinion this is better than a random general respawn once in a X hours or minutes.

Ship respawning?

Both Great and annoying.

In my opinion, the best way to make it works is having the " defeated " ships respawn once you reach fixed points in the plot.

Infinite ships is fine for me. It'll make the archipelago feel more alive. But I like ship combat, so I might not have the most common opinion.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Infinite ships is fine for me. It'll make the archipelago feel more alive. But I like ship combat, so I might not have the most common opinion.

ye im a fan of this change. in every playthrough so far ive got distracted from what i was doing and sailed around getting my blackbeard on.

ship combat may be little more than a repetitive minigame, but its strangely relaxing.

• Like 1

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Ship respawning?

Both Great and annoying.

Exactly. Infinite ships would be a plus for who like ship combat, but a disappointment for who dislike it.

I hope the developers won't force it on us.

I cringe at the idea that whenever my party sail there is a good chance to be bothered by a random pirate.

Not to mention that to people like me that do not enjoy ship combat mechanic...a battle on the sea is simply :

1- Skip the whole minigame by simply keep going straight and ramming against the enemy's ship

2- Start the battle and hope you are not facing a ship with a crew of 2+ levels in comparison to your party.

I'm particularly looking forward to Ondra's challenge, the larger and more frequent storms!

My earlier suggestion was to make storms not visible on the world map, but this solution might be even better. It introduces an element of strategy -- the player must strive to navigate between more frequent, larger storms and more relentless hostile ships.

Now all we need is fog on war on the world map as part of Skaen's challenge...

Also, I really hope they consider everyone's suggested adjustments to the God Challenges. A number of people have suggested important changes to Berath's and Abydon's. (And of course there are my own suggestions for Magran, Hylea, and Wael in my signature!)

I also look forward to the reveal of who the final God Challenge is for!

• Like 3

Sorry if this has already been answered but is the re-spawning of sunk ships infinite?  And when do they re-spawn?  I'm guessing when you dock and re-supply, meaning you go back to land to restock and then sunk ships will re-spawn when you go back to sea?