Update #58 - The Forgotten Sanctum Preview

Hmm, I wonder if some of the new subclasses are those that are already implemented but the player cannot access?

Cipher could get "Wild Mind", for example. That would be ... wild.

This makes sense, I've seen people complain that they can't be a shark druid or whatever. There's companion subclasses for priest, monk, cipher, druid, chanter, paladin... I think that's all of them?

I think at least for Fighter, Rogue, Wizard and Barbarian we will get something new.

For the others, I'd love to see something new too, but I imagine they will use the companion's subclasses.

sign.jpg

Very Good DLC IMO.

But now it has 100% been officially confirmed that the level cap will not be being raised and there will be no new power levels? Otherwise they would have stated that in this announcement surely.

So now i have to find the best mod to fix this........ahhhhhh

Hmm, I wonder if some of the new subclasses are those that are already implemented but the player cannot access?

This makes sense, I've seen people complain that they can't be a shark druid or whatever. There's companion subclasses for priest, monk, cipher, druid, chanter, paladin... I think that's all of them?

I think at least for Fighter, Rogue, Wizard and Barbarian we will get something new.

For the others, I'd love to see something new too, but I imagine they will use the companion's subclasses.

Lore-wise, Wild Mind and maybe Reaping Moon would be not-inappropriate for a Watcher.  Watershaper, Storm Speaker certainly not.  Not sure about the lore with Gunhawk.  (Not considering the Priest and Paladin, as we know what we're getting there.)

Edited by Enoch

12.13 was earlier than expected

11 new sub class?

will ranger finally get insect companion?

or druid spiritshift to plant? 

only generic ship will respawn right?

so will the major factions finally getting map full of generic ships?

it was weird only slavers get them

Edited by uuuhhii
  • Like 1

Anyhow, given the Waelyworld feel of the hints and screenshots, it looks like I'm dusting off my favorite Pillars 1 import save again.  My first stab at the Deadfire was as a Wael Contemplative, but I think I'll go single-classed this time.  That has me thinking of ways to refine my roleplaying as a faithful Waelite. 

The one big quest that gave me agita as a Wael player was Mapping the Deadfire-- there really should've been a way to answer dishonestly there.  (The apt comparisons are the two quests you do for Prince Aruihi, both of which allow you to report back with lies and satisfy the quest-giver.)  I settled on a solution of doing the quest and murdering the mapmaker immediately thereafter, but the more faithful Waelite approach is probably to not do it at all, which goes against all my completionist-RPG-player instincts.

The party will be a PC Priest of Wael, Rekke (himself one of the biggest mysteries in the Deadfire) as a Brute, Xoti as a pure Monk (in "evil" mode because mystical visions are to be sought after and embraced), Aloth in Leaden Key Grandmaster mode (I guess pure Wiz?  Although Spellblades are fun), and one rotating slot (maybe settling on Celebrant or Zealot Vatnir?  Not sure who else is most Wael-appropriate).  The endgame, of course, is to steal the Floating Hangman and go it alone, because I'm not here to bring unearned enlightenment to any of these other fools. 

• Like 3

• .Woedica's Challenge
    • While camping, only "Prepared Meals" will recover Injuries and Resources.
    • Party Health no longer regenerates outside of combat.
    • All Per-Encounter and Class resources become Per Rest.

I guess vancian casting is back. 

*JAW DROP*

Jaw drop indeed. Even if the new subclasses are the Wild Mind and others like that. I want them!

Let's see what is available:

- Fighter: ?

- Paladin: Steel Garrote

- Barbarian: ?

- Priest: Woedica, Rymrgand (only one per class so this one is out?)

- Druid: Watershaper

- Monk: Sisters of the Reaping Moon

- Rogue: ?

- Ranger: Gunhawk

- Chanter: Stormspeaker

- Wizard: ?

- Cipher: Wild Mind

Did I forget something?

No...Wild Mind just suck.

I hope new cipher subclass will be like this.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/98

• Like 1

Can't tell by the wording. Will Paladin and Priest be getting a new subclass in addition to Steel Garrote and Priest of Woedica? Or are those two the new subclasses?

They are the new Priest/Paladin subclasses.

I kinda hope that these new subclasses aren't the companion exclusive classes because I'd like to see what the team can come up with.

I think new subclasses will be new. Companions and sidekicks should stay unique. It makes sense that there will be new priest of Woedica as playable subclass but no priest of Rymrgand because that role is filled by Vatnir. Players can download proper mods to play some of existing subclasses.

I wonder how playing priest of Woedica will affect dialogs and the story. There are few quests when it can provide unique interactions. I guess we coudn't play as priest of Woedica in PoE 1 because of the main story.

• Like 4

giphy.gif

I really don't see them adding the companion sub-classes. Also, i think they would have said it if it where the case

I can see a non-offensive non-summon invocations Chanter. Maybe since is a popular request come kind of "petless" Ranger

I hope new cipher subclass will be like this.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/98

Nice. I didn't know this mod. I was actually planning on making something similar  and one for monks (something along with using their experience on the mortification of the flesh and meditation)

I really hope we get something standout for the Wizard, I thought those subclasses where very dull hyper-specializations. These subclasses were more defined by what was lost rather than gained. Hopefully they've had time to think of something really cool. I want a paradigm shift that touches all of the Wizards existing spells, some sort of inversion or orthogonal take on the jack of all trades base class.

• Like 2

oh yeah, I definitely hope none of the new subclasses are companion ones, but it's the most likely way to go

Not necessarily. They’d have to write a lot more reactivity for some of those compared to completely new ones. Imagine being a Watershaper or Stormspeaker with no reactivity from the Huana, Tekehu, or the Guild. Or being a Sister of the Reaping Moon with no reactivity from Xoti and the Dawnstars.

Not to mention how lore-inappropriate it would be for the Watcher to belong to one of those subclasses.

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

One additional sub-class per class - That's right! Every class in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will be getting one extra sub-class, including the oft-requested Priest of Woedica and Steel Garrote sub-classes!

Sounds awesome)

Excited to see Priest of Woedica.

Also always wanted a watershaper hireling... but generally would echo the sentiment that companion unique subclasses better remain companion-only.

P.S. Especially would like to see the new cipher subclass (if it is NOT Wild Mind).

• Like 1