Suggestion: Expanded Affliction and Inspiration Tooltips

I've played through POE twice and now about 20 hours in to POE 2 and I'm still finding it difficult to get my head around the new afflictions and inspirations system. I like how they're all grouped into the main stats and can be cured or cancelled out with the opposite effect within the stat group. Even after my hours of playing, I struggle to place value on any of them that don't have an overt combat effect (damage, stun and paralysis, etc). I'd be impressed if any player could remember the effects of all 18 afflictions and all 18 inspirations.

Part of the problem is needing to click on the word to see the effects it has, the other part of the problem is not then being able to click on the stat it affects to get a reminder of what that stat does (affliction and inspiration tooltips only provide a little overlay window where the stat words like "Resolve" and "Dexterity" aren't highlighted for clicking). This is particularly annoying and limiting when levelling up characters and choosing abilities.

My suggestion, to help new and old users alike, is to add a setting option to make the text of the affliction and inspiration tooltips to show inline inside parentheses. For example, the Priest ability Blessing would show in the tooltip:

Friendly AoE:

Insightful (+5 Perception) for 20.0 sec

That way, the stat can be moused over or clicked on for more info, making it easier for new players to comprehend abilities, understand these mechanics, and learn better play styles. Experienced players can turn it off and play as it is.

It sounds like such a small thing, but for the user experience I think it would mean a lot in terms of getting involved in character builds and combat factors, and truly appreciating all the skills that do something other than hurt or heal.

Cheers!

Edited by FacesOfMu

Oh man that mod goes above and beyond what I could have hoped for. Thanks, Night Stalker.

It's a pity it's needed though. POE and POE 2's interfaces have been top quality otherwise, and it's things like this that can moderate how hooked players can feel to the events of combat.

I checked the mod page again and saw further down the screenshots of the changes. The mod looks like it does a lot of fantastic improvements, though it doesn't do the thing I hope for which is put the affliction and inspiration tooltip text in brackets inline with the name in the original tooltip. 

My fingers are crossed that either Obsidian or the creators of that mod can make this informational change.

Cheers!

Edited by FacesOfMu