Sci-Fi, Shoulder-Cam Action RPG next!

SonicMage117

Dear Obsidian,

I was thinking about Kotor II, I know I speak for everyone here when I say we'd love a similar game but with better combat, fast paced action oriented combat, qte's and being only on one planet.

Traveling to different planets is some overused bs in today's sci-fi games, we just need one planet so the game can be focused. Aliens, I'd love lots of different alien species.

No spaceship for travel, no need to go into space. I'd like to see some in the environment just for show though, like set pieces.

No romances, resources better spent elsewhere.

Lots of unique sci-fi melee and ranged weaponry

A main protagonist who is fixed as a character but can be whatever class you make them.

Regenerating health, no rest needed for restorations.

No D&D bs basically. Just a simple combat system yo make the game engaging, so you could focus on making the story more complex and refined, more meaningful. Today's greatest storytelling games have no combat after all and you'll worry less about balancing.

That's my pitch, love ya guys! Pillars 1 still my favorite game of all time :)

P.S How awesome would it be if the unannounced project was all this and more?!??

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

No D&D bs basically. 

Pillars 1 is my favorite game of all time :)

Heh, this is borderline oxymoronic.

Anyways, I do like your game pitch, and if Obsidan would make it, I'd sure play it. Sounds a bit like Borderlands 2, but SP and with a set protagonist and a great story and a cool varied planet to explore.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well, I suppose we'll always have the nay-sayers who think in opposite logics :)

Can't win em all Wolverine.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

What if all the female aliens had big boobs and tails? Then it would be just criminal if we didn't get to romance them.

• Like 4

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Id just replay ME2 tbh - or one of the KOTORs. Maybe even nier automata? Or however u spell that game.

Horizon zero dawn possibly?

no romances? Cant approve of a big flashy space opera with no necking. But thats me.

Dont have any great objection to what u detail but u could prob find comparable out there.

Also am unsure if obs are the best candidates to make such.

Theres prob some jrpg out there like u describe but im behind the times there bruv.

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Ok, but at least let the npcs make an attempt:

An RPG set in the League of 20000 planets or even only The Cluster would be so awesome. Man... now I want a Lexx game. :(

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Bad form to write a thread title as a declaration (or exclamation!) when it's really a request.  :bat:

To be fair, there's a good chance the Cainarsky is all of these things.

Pretty sure it will be a Vampire romance puzzle game.

TPP sure why not, some action elements, ok why not. Could be space. Could be vampires in space.

But cant agree on romance ban, games need some love. And what is the point of having alliens if you cant have third grade contanct with them, huh?

But what if they are really alien? Not humanoid, with tentacles, oily skin... etc.

Star trek characters have got pregnant without even noticing it. And I'm talking about a male character. :p

sign.jpg

If Japan tought us anything, its that tentacles are not an obstacle but advantage...

• Like 6

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Tentacles? Now you are just teasing. Japan market awaits.

Sum up:

TPP, Dating Sim with guns, one big planet open worldy, some futuristic hub, seriously sf, maybe colonization terrtaforming mission, alliens, vampires,

GOTY

Maybe the direction should be into transhuman vibes, a lot of ascendet gorillas, sapient cyber octopuses (so tentacles), nano swarms. Game when you can play as nano swarm.

The challenge would be to create normal physical world and infosphere and some relete them to each other with abillity to jump in and out. That would be something.

• Like 1

Maybe the direction should be into transhuman vibes, a lot of ascendet gorillas, sapient cyber octopuses (so tentacles), nano swarms.

You could market it with the phrase: "Uplift a species of your choice to be your romance partner! With tentacles!"

Now this is getting dangerously close to the Blorgette meme I posted in the Paradox forums...

• Like 2

sign.jpg

Funny thing:

If i thought about game idea which would probably be good and also secure the future of company my answear is: "clone of topsaler with a twist". Which is quite horrible answear, but what would you do when gamers are moody and you never know.

Which means RDR/Witcher/Skyrim formula but in Mass Effect Universe with this new world to colonize/terraform.

Now twist: Choices matter and we can alter the world with our decisions, and we are some form of FBI agent with big impact, maybe survilance officer. And we can seduce fellow species to reach critical information for the safety of the colony. It is fresh colony so we can push it into directions like allow uplift , allow sex with uplifts, enforce body purity (only human form), establish dictatorship... like Stellaris but crpg.

That would be solid 7/10 "Ambicious but oversimplified execution"

No thanks. Obsidian have proven time and again that they struggle with making good action RPG gameplay. Even when I liked their attempt at it (Alpha Protocol), this led to a devastating commercial failure and hard times for the company.

That said, this really might be what Outer Worlds offers, since over-the-shoulder / first-person, open-world-ish big market RPG has always been in Obsidian's / Feargus's ambitions from Day 1.

^Attractive woman, Aloy reminds me of her, although Aloy actually came first. The looks are nearly identical.

Horizon zero dawn possibly?

I literally just got Horizon ZD just a couple days ago. It was on sale for $9.99 so I couldn't say no lol Looking forward to playing it after I've done everything in Red Dead Redemption 2.

Also loved Nier: Automata :)

Hail to the greats!!!

Edited by SonicMage117

That's awesome, I've only heard great things about Horizon: Zero Dawn so I'm very excited. The robot dinos ir whatever they are look awesome in their animations and designs.

Additionally, just picked up God Of War (PS4) tonight for $17.99. That's a steal as well. I had no idea I was gonna puck up these games but I'm mighty thankful for the sales right now.

Dear Obsidian,

I was thinking about Kotor II, I know I speak for everyone here when I say we'd love a similar game but with better combat, fast paced action oriented combat, qte's and being only on one planet.

Traveling to different planets is some overused bs in today's sci-fi games, we just need one planet so the game can be focused. Aliens, I'd love lots of different alien species.

No spaceship for travel, no need to go into space. I'd like to see some in the environment just for show though, like set pieces.

Lots of unique sci-fi melee and ranged weaponry

A main protagonist who is fixed as a character but can be whatever class you make them.

Regenerating health, no rest needed for restorations.

No D&D bs basically. Just a simple combat system yo make the game engaging, so you could focus on making the story more complex and refined, more meaningful. Today's greatest storytelling games have no combat after all and you'll worry less about balancing.

That's my pitch, love ya guys! Pillars 1 still my favorite game of all time :)

P.S How awesome would it be if the unannounced project was all this and more?!??

All I have to say is that is exactly what I do NOT want.  While I strongly suspect this was just meant as a form of trolllery... Still have to say it.  Don't do this, Obsidian (not that there is any evidence or reason to think that this is in the works, but still). 

• Like 1

"1 is 1"