Deadfire won't win RPG of the year (VGA's)

UNLESS YOU VOTE!

It's in the nominees for the VGA. How neat would it be for the game to win something. The sales may have been low but Obsidian's great efforts can still be validated (and even immortalized!) if you just be American, do your civil duty and VOTE!

https://thegameawards.com/awards/

If it doesn't win, it will be all your faults so y'all better do God's work!!!!!!!

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 3

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

No need to worry, Original Sin 2 isn't on the bill since it didn't come out this year :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

We will be outnumbered by the Divinity lovers, I can't stand divinity to be honest. Waste of money Original Sin 2 was.

Jesus I thought I was the only one. I just thought... am I crazy for thinking this game is hugely overrated? Maybe it’s just not my style?

• Like 7

For me, DOS2 was a lot of fun... and a series of endless gimmicks in search of an actual game/plot/world/whatevs.

Also its loot progression is possibly the single worst implementation ive seen in a crpg. Everything is obsolete 5 minutes later. What is this, an mmo.

It did well bcs of the multiplayer aspect and bcs many of its features and characters sound great reduced to soundbites and gifs.

Also larians enthusiasm and goofiness kind of endearing i must admit. U want to like them.

Think is fairly well established what kind of beasts larian are. Ill deffo keep playing their games - they have heart and they seem determined to improve on their own terms - but i wouldnt expect anything more than 'larian' rpgs for the forseeable.

What else was even out this year apart from kingmaker? I cant remember.

• Like 4

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Ni No Kuni II is so beautiful, never played it though.

To me E3 and VGA are like my superbowl (I'm not into sports) so these types of events are big for me. I make a chat group with like 200 people :p

DOS2 is a brilliant game thwarting itself with the ridiculous armor/magic armor system and silly level progression

I really don't like that armor system. One of my favorite things in DOS1 was starting a battle with a poison cloud arrow, followed by a fireball. Can't do that in DOS2.

which outright ridiculous... every battle was a race to deplete armor/magic armor. after that it was cc to death no matter what

Original Sin 1 was so good though...........

Pillars is enjoyable but hard to follow so far with me. I like the gamplay mechanics and characters and voices and art but, I find it hard to bite deeply into the lore of such simple tribal men at the beginning. They seem to be in their infancy stage.

Enjoyable? I meant a real thrill at times, especially with the shanties and player choice. I'd have to say RPG of the year to be honest.

Edited by AClaymoreWielder

I like the first Original Sin as well, haven't played the second, just read and saw alot of it. I always held back from buying it because it's even more multiplayer forced. The first one felt good even in single player.

• Like 1

I've like played only three of the games listed and I think I have a two more but haven't played it yet.

And I wouldn't know any of the esports people if they came up and punched me in the face.  Ditto the content creators.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I like the first Original Sin as well, haven't played the second, just read and saw alot of it. I always held back from buying it because it's even more multiplayer forced. The first one felt good even in single player.

DOS1 was pretty good, just suffered imo from larians inability to take themselves seriously - which doesnt have to be a bad thing.

at the time i told one of my friends that larian had a lot of their ducks lined up. they were just one good scenario designer away from greatness. thought DOS2 would have been their proving but, hey-ho.

guess it was in a way bcs it made them a ton of cash. i remain eager to see what they do with it.

• Like 1

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Indeed!

My fav game from Larian is Divinity 2: The Dragon Saga, man that game is cool (despite the bad combat).

Vote, vote, vote!!!!

Burp (Bump!)

This is a relevant comment.