Aloth Approval 2 Dialogue

Jeddaven

Question

Aloth's approval dialogue for approval 2 seems to have not triggered for me. I've been at approval 2 with him for a while, and I've completed his quest, but nothing has happened. Is there any way to fix this? I'm unfortunately unable to provide a save prior to the Approval 2 convo.

7 answers to this question

Hey Jeddaven,

I'm sorry Aloth's dialogue isn't working properly for you.  Would you be able to provide us with your most current save even though it's after the fact?  I want to have the team take a look and see what might be going on.  If needed, you can find instructions on where the saves are located here.  If you could either attach the save to this post or send it to me at support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread, that would be amazing!

Thank you Jeddaven!

Hey Jeddaven,

I'm sorry Aloth's dialogue isn't working properly for you.  Would you be able to provide us with your most current save even though it's after the fact?  I want to have the team take a look and see what might be going on.  If needed, you can find instructions on where the saves are located here.  If you could either attach the save to this post or send it to me at support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread, that would be amazing!

Thank you Jeddaven!

Hey,

Apologies for the delay! I've attached my most recent savefile below. Thanks for the help!

Hey Jeddaven,

Thank you Jeddaven!

I appear to have uploaded the wrong file. Woops!

Hey Jeddaven,

Thank you Jeddaven!

...Woops. I sent the email to myself without realizing it. Just forwarded it your way.

• Like 1

Hey Nalyd,

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue in house as the relationships seem to be triggering as usual.  They are very reliant on progressing through each companion's quest for the triggers as well as critical path triggers.  If you believe you have gotten far along enough in these and are still not getting the companion conversations, feel free to send us a copy of your save file so we can take a look into this.  If needed, you can find instructions on where the save files are located here.  If the file is too large to attach here, please send it to me at support@obsidian.net along with a link to this thread as a reference.

Thanks!

@SChin

Thank you for your continued looking into issues. It is very much appreciated.

@Nalyd

Is it possible that you triggered the dialogue too early? I assume the dialogue in question starts with "For the first time in a while, I feel confident into where I'm going" (paraphrasing).

This is what happened to me. I am now trying to reset the conversation chain using the Unity Console. I found the following flags in a save where I just completed his companion quest and Aloth has just reached +2 approval:

b_aloth_banter_1 1

b_aloth_banter_2 1

b_aloth_p2_appeared 1

b_aloth_p2_quest_expl_ready 1

b_aloth_p2_recruited 1

b_aloth_p2_main_convo_stage 6

b_aloth_p2_absolve 7

b_aloth_p2_ending 3

b_aloth_p2_grandmaster_or_apostate 1

b_aloth_p2_quest_stage 6

b_aloth_p2_responsible 6

b_aloth_p2_topic_irresponsible 1

b_aloth_p2_topic_neg_last 1

b_aloth_p2_topic_protradition 6

n_eder_p2_aloth_chat 1

b_aloth_joined 1

n_aloth_ending 2

Keep in mind I don't know what I'm doing and that my issue is probably self-inflicted (the mod). I can attach a save file should anyone feel compelled to look at this. I'll be looking at how dialogue works using the stickies in the modding forum in the meantime. Have a nice day!