The Political Thread - Burlamaqui edition

Amentep

2090? Why should I care? I'll be dead by then anyways. LMAO

Sooner than you think........

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Actually there are real alternatives to death that may be working in the next 20-30 years ?

Would you be prepared to be a participant in a scientific experiment in a time period where you are in your 60's, the entire process would be explained so there is nothing surreptitious or insidious about the outcome which is basically a method to extract your consciousness only into a PC or some kind of electronic system

But your body dies but your sense of awareness lives on for an eternity and there would be a way to communicate as you have all your basic cognitive abilities and you can think and you are aware 

Better than death Volo......I hope you can see this and would volunteer for this process to escape death ?

And yes there would be a chance you may not survive the initial extraction of your consciousness but this could be seen as any risk around  a complicated medical procedure....so this  could be seen as normal ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Because the consequences will become very serious as early as 2030. Actually, 2030 is also a "point of no return" - when changes will become irreversible. By this time, though, drought, hurricanes, floods, diminishing of areas of fertile soils for agriculture and so on will be severe enough already to bother even the "first-est" of the first world countries. 

Here is another CNN digest that contains links to the scientific reports: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/07/world/climate-change-new-ipcc-report-wxc/index.html

Edited by Mirandel
  • Like 1

Have you guys seen Alexandria Ocasia-Cortez? I didn't know she was so beautiful and well spoken lol

The young 29 year old mexicana takes on congress!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Have you guys seen Alexandria Ocasia-Cortez? I didn't know she was so beautiful and well spoken lol

The young 29 year old mexicana takes on congress!

I do concur that she is hot, articulate and very educated....I want a girlfriend like her    :teehee:

Her name would occasionally be mentioned in most international channels I always follow because of her age. She also was automatically and ostensibly aligned to the predicted " Blue Wave of Democratic  women  " who would sweep the Democrats to victory  in the House and hopefully the Senate ? I watched one interview with her on CNN and then  mostly due to that  misplaced attempt  by the Democrats to stop Brett Kavanaugh. 

Large numbers of women in the USA  voted to support the Democratic party and there success was really galvanized and increased by anti-Trump sentiment that was  targeted towards Trump and Kavanaugh. There is a real fear and concern that now that Kavanaugh was elected to the SC  there would be an attack on laws and general progressive values like the right to choose 

I dont believe Trump will do this but its got the Democrats anxious  and active  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Really? she has said some pretty ditzy stuff when caught unprepared. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Different levels at play as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To be fair, this is the first video I've seen of her. Then again, I've had people on a different forum tell me that my wife couldn't be so intelligent if she chose me :lol:

Palin and Cortez seem to get in some heated battles, haven't seen enough to see who's more intelligent of the two bit Palin looks damn good in a red, white and blue bikini hehe

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Sarah Palin turned out to be her own worst enemy. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

There's some possibility of escalation beyond what has already happened, but I'd expect a declaration of Martial Law in Ukraine, lots of rhetoric and not much else. Poroshenko was going to lose the elections in Ukraine and per normal procedure, get jailed by his successor as President. If he can get martial law declared he can both suspend the elections and get a bump in the polls for when they are eventually held (or not). Status quo suits Russia fine so they don't want anything other than maintaining control of the situation, Ukraine would like to control the situation more but knows they'd lose in any escalation (as they did here)- and that's been the situation since 2015.

• Like 1

So, the climate change assessment is a dud:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/25/experts-climate-change-assessment-every-conclusion-latest-government-report-false/

In other news world Russia is preparing to obliterate Ukraine.

Ukraine introduced martial law after latest incident:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/26/russia-ukraines-proposal-of-martial-law-adds-instability-to-standoff.html

The Heartland Institute? The guys who defend whatever they are paid to defend?

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thanks God! One person we never heard of told Breibart we're gonna be fine so we can all stop worrying!  :lol:

Actually no sense in worrying about it anyway. The US is only one of 206 nations on this planet doing nothing about "man made" climate change. If it even is man made (THAT much is debatable, at least the extent of it) so even if the US were to de-industrialize, scrap all of our cars, and go back to feudalism we would still be f----d because no one else is going to. 

Besides, did you guys really want to live forever? 

Thomas Sowell

Thanks God! One person we never heard of told Breibart we're gonna be fine so we can all stop worrying!  :lol:

Hey now, they found TWO people.  The complaints about the Deep State or the UN seizing power taint things a tad though.

This isn't about us.

We will be gone by the time climate change turns serious.

The question is how much investment do we have in the far-off future.

If you attack the speaker and not the speech it's all I have to know.

If there was anything in that speech might actually discuss it.

But I'm sure they will have a counter-report ready relatively soon.

Actually no sense in worrying about it anyway. The US is only one of 206 nations on this planet doing nothing about "man made" climate change. If it even is man made (THAT much is debatable, at least the extent of it) so even if the US were to de-industrialize, scrap all of our cars, and go back to feudalism we would still be f----d because no one else is going to. 

Wait, wait. Is GD saying that Government is more reliable now?  :lol:

Perish the thought!  :lol:

Thomas Sowell

So, the climate change assessment is a dud:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/25/experts-climate-change-assessment-every-conclusion-latest-government-report-false/

Ukraine introduced martial law after latest incident:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/26/russia-ukraines-proposal-of-martial-law-adds-instability-to-standoff.html

They have released some very brilliant studies in past like that tobacco does not cause lung cancer and say things like "smoking in moderation has few, if any, adverse health effects."

• Like 1

Yes, but if you haven't already got cancer then you can't prove you will get it from smoking, people smoke and live to a 100 so there's compelling evidence smoking prolongs life. And if you did get it, it might not have been from smoking anyway. People get cancer all the time whether they smoke or not.

So, you can't prove global warming until it's already happened*, and if it does happen it might be due to... volcanoes! instead of us. The planet warms up all the time, it's natural and you cannot prove it's happening or that we cause it so it isn't happening and we didn't cause it. Quod Erat Demonstrandum, Science lady dogs! etc etc.

*well, you can of course since CO2, Dihydrogen Monoxide, methane etc emitting in the IR range is 100% scientific provable so increases in their concentration will increase insulation, but we're not really dealing with logic anywayh.

Russia has been going to obliterate Ukraine every second month for the past 4+ years, if you listen to Ukraine.

• Like 1

https://abc13.com/police-suggest-man-killed-in-mall-shouldnt-have-held-his-gun/4765656/

Another reason to not be a good guy with a gun.  Cops in the US sure operate on high tempo.

• Like 1

https://abc13.com/police-suggest-man-killed-in-mall-shouldnt-have-held-his-gun/4765656/

Another reason to not be a good guy with a gun.  Cops in the US sure operate on high tempo.

I guess this is what they meant by cold dead hands.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That moment you realize that Star Trek is just that...

About the caravan and the boat attack, well we shall see :)