The Political Thread - Burlamaqui edition

Amentep

"Change, my dear.  And it seems not a moment too soon."

Start of Old Thread

End of Old Thread

Never thought of you to be the religious type :)

Never thought of you to be the religious type :)

Yes, but in this context you are the sand.
  • Like 7

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

With the new thread beginning and the last insult which I cannot counter, it's time I took my walk of shame and continued RDR2. I may or may not return later, depending if you all would like to have me back or not.

Until then, faretheewell my fellow acorn horders! The winter draws night!!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I don't trust Dailywire. Their prejudice is clearly obvious so I believe this has to be hoax. Please tell me there if no evidence elsewhere that this was actually written;

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38451/democrat-calls-gun-confiscation-suggests-nuking-ryan-saavedra?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR3pC9QHpAVwvZj6L-fjGtVmCr951LBYD8hhcnzwso9L9H4FpFktd-7hdjo

If it is FAKE NEWS, he should sue.

If it is true, LMAO.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't trust Dailywire. Their prejudice is clearly obvious so I believe this has to be hoax. Please tell me there if no evidence elsewhere that this was actually written;

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38451/democrat-calls-gun-confiscation-suggests-nuking-ryan-saavedra?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR3pC9QHpAVwvZj6L-fjGtVmCr951LBYD8hhcnzwso9L9H4FpFktd-7hdjo

If it is true, LMAO.

My first thought was 'where's the actual quotation that is being referred to?' since the target of the lashout isn't actually shown.

You said yourself that you don't trust dailywire anyway, so....

If it is true, LMAO.

The links to each tweet are provided—just click on the timestamp.

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1063527635114852352

https://archive.fo/nYrBL

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Lawmakers in the Ohio House have continued a lame-duck session by approving a so-called anti-abortion "heartbeat bill."

The stringent proposal would ban abortions in Ohio after the first fetal heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy.

The GOP-controlled House voted 58-35 Thursday in favor of the legislation, which does not include exceptions for rape or incest. The legislation goes next to the Senate.

The stringent proposal would ban abortions in Ohio after the first fetal heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy. Republican Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) vetoed a similar bill in December 2016, siding with opponents who contend it is unconstitutional.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

If it is true, LMAO.

The links to each tweet are provided—just click on the timestamp.

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1063527635114852352

https://archive.fo/nYrBL

Sounds like people taking possible sarcasm WAY out of context and triggerraging like flaming snowflakes (which could actually physically work if the ice was methane. Said flaming snowflakes would be ephemeral anyhow).

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Lawmakers in the Ohio House have continued a lame-duck session by approving a so-called anti-abortion "heartbeat bill."

The stringent proposal would ban abortions in Ohio after the first fetal heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy.

The GOP-controlled House voted 58-35 Thursday in favor of the legislation, which does not include exceptions for rape or incest. The legislation goes next to the Senate.

The stringent proposal would ban abortions in Ohio after the first fetal heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy. Republican Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) vetoed a similar bill in December 2016, siding with opponents who contend it is unconstitutional.

I wonder what the difference is between the two if they found a similar bill unconstitutional two years ago? Also, Kasich isn't actually out of office until January, so, he could still veto it.

Edited by smjjames

"Sounds like people taking possible sarcasm WAY out of context and triggerraging like flaming snowflakes (which could actually physically work if the ice was methane. Said flaming snowflakes would be ephemeral anyhow)."

That doesn't sound like sarcasm. that is typical SJW Nazi speech. They are so anti violence they will prove it by using violence to get their way.   Afterall, that is how both Antifa and BLM work.

99% of people  are anti violence or pro violence depending on who the target is.

Edited by Volourn

Something to look forward to: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/08/eric-swalwell-president-2020-975846

So, how much does it cost to build a Vault and which one should a model it after? Oh wait, that last question is easy. Vault 34 of course!

Edit: Curious how none of the "left" leaning MSM has reported Swalwell's comment. Even in jest is is at the very least in poor taste for a political leader with presidential ambitions to carelessly joke about ordering the incineration millions of Americans for refusing to follow a law that violates their Constitutional rights. No bias in the media though. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Edit: Curious how none of the "left" leaning MSM has reported Swalwell's comment. Even in jest is is at the very least in poor taste for a political leader with presidential ambitions to carelessly joke about ordering the incineration millions of Americans for refusing to follow a law that violates their Constitutional rights. No bias in the media though."

literally obliterating the opposition is what leftists are prone to do

but so are rightists

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Nothing in that lien of comments of his suggest he was joking. I bet he would do that if he could. He would **** it to it. But, I agree with Hoondig though. The right are the same way. theyw ould love to destroy their opponents too. Like I said, people are pro or anti violence depending on who the target is.

P.S. Anyone else angry at ****hole countries who treat their citizens so poorly that  they feel the need to flee to a Nazi KKK country like US?  How much a of a ****hole do you have to be that actively choosing  the biggest racist ever Donald Trump as your president is the better alternative. L0LZ

Edited by Volourn

He is clearly idiot or at least he has not though things through. 

First nukes are very poor choice of weapons to suppress revolt, as even if they are used to destroy those who rebel against government they will always cause catastrophic damage to civilians and infrastructure in scale which rebelling people most likely never could achieve by themselves. Meaning that it would be just government shooting themself in their own foot.

Second military, especially USA's military has much efficient weapons to use against armed rebellion.

But at end whole scenario is mostly idiotic, because government that starts to persecute people they usually have support of majority of the people which means that usually majority of civilian owned weapons are used to help government to persecute people instead of protecting people from government's persecution. Meaning that second amended more likely protects government from people than people from government.

The point being Trump's every political uttering on Twitter from the day he announced in 2014 to this very day is front page news. And good lord has he given them s--t to talk about. But this guy says something as stupid as any of that and you only read about it on f-----g Breibart, Daily Caller, and Fox News? Bias is found more in what CNN, MSNBC, etc decline to report than in what they do report. It's popular to cry "fake news" which is pretty weak in that what is reported as news is all true. But it's not all the truth. What they decline to cover is telling. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The point being Trump's every political uttering on Twitter from the day he announced in 2014 to this very day is front page news. And good lord has he given them s--t to talk about. But this guy says something as stupid as any of that and you only read about it on f-----g Breibart, Daily Caller, and Fox News? Bias is found more in what CNN, MSNBC, etc decline to report than in what they do report. It's popular to cry "fake news" which is pretty weak in that what is reported as news is all true. But it's not all the truth. What they decline to cover is telling.

Well Trump was a pretty big celebrity before running for president and I never heard of this dude before he talked about launching the nukes. The media's biggest bias is towards sensationalism, and Trump provides more of it than some dude from the bay.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Saudi is a key player in the petrol dollar (they only sell their oil for USD.) We aren't dependent on Saudi oil, we are dependent on the surplus valuation of the dollar holding it's value. Until the US can find an export that the rest of the world wants that forces the globe to keep a sizeable portion of their wealth invested in US dollars, then we aren't getting out from under shackles. If only Venezuela was a neo-liberal polyarchy divorced from OPEC... until then :sadface:

Apparently the Saudi's have less oil then they are letting on, but I don't think they are running out any time soon. Literally the spice must flow.

• Like 1

So will the U.S put sanctions on Saudi Arabia now or are they still a "strategic ally"?!

The Saudi king could film himself going full de Sade while murdering hundreds of children then taking a dump on the American flag and the US would do the same thing the church did during the holocaust. Such is the power of strategic alliances.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Apparently the Saudi's have less oil then they are letting on, but I don't think they are running out any time soon. Literally the spice must flow.

Supposedly that's the reason the Saudi Aramco IPO was cancelled as they'd have to disclose oil reserves and be liable for lying. A few places have pretty massive oil reserves- Venezuela and Canada for example- but they're not really economic due to the type of oil they have being too heavy or contaminated. Saudi's is almost entirely sweet light and easy to pump.

There's certainly no realistic chance of Trump's US significantly sanctioning Saudi at the moment. Trump thinks Kushner is some sort of Middle East expert and Kushner is basically owned by Muhammed ibn Sawman plus Kushner's a pathetic suck up to Bibi Netanyahu whose biggest goal is getting the US or anyone else (ie Saudi Arabia and friends) to attack Iran for him. Most I can see Trump doing is sanctioning whoever gets executed and declaring how tough he's been. I guess some in Congress may have a try at getting some proper sanctions through but I'm not holding my breath.

Some sort of forced settlement in Yemen (and maybe with Qatar) is possible as a sort of punishment though. There comes a point where qat chewing barefoot tribals with AKs and 1960s ATGMs blowing up billions in US weaponry becomes counter productive to sales, and trying to starve 17 million people to death might be a little bit of a PR problem.

OTOH a lot of Trump's base both voter and politician wise does reflexively hate Mr Bone Saw and any other Saudi royal over 9/11 and their consistent support of terrorism people who spontaneously and independently become terrorists after receiving moderate Wahhabi teachings. I could see Trump throwing the Saudis under the bus if things really got hot- the tapes get released with a lot of traction, or Kushner falls from favour. Trump isn't the sort to stay loyal when it's costing him.

• Like 1

So will the U.S put sanctions on Saudi Arabia now or are they still a "strategic ally"?!

The Saudi king could film himself going full de Sade while murdering hundreds of children then taking a dump on the American flag and the US would do the same thing the church did during the holocaust. Such is the power of strategic alliances.
Oh well, it's a weird world we live in. :)

*puts gun against forehead*

*fires*

Dang...it missed.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.