The Political Thread - Burlamaqui edition

Amentep

How Star Trek (TOS) explains Donald Trump: http://reason.com/archives/2018/11/26/how-star-trek-explains-donald-trump

Or, as I'd call it, what happens when Trekkies write political commentary!  :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

How Star Trek (TOS) explains Donald Trump: http://reason.com/archives/2018/11/26/how-star-trek-explains-donald-trump

Or, as I'd call it, what happens when Trekkies write political commentary!  :lol:

Joke's on him. This is the mirror universe... and it always was.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That moment you realize that Star Trek is just that...

About the caravan and the boat attack, well we shall see :)

*ahem* DS9 with latinum bars used as a form of money? Still, Star Trek barely ever goes into anything resembling civillian life where you have to pay for stuff, so, the lack of money showing up can at least partially be explained. Onboard I'd guess there'd be 'ship credits' or something. Deep Space 9 (DS9) really goes the closest to that by virtue of being a space station and the currency of the hyper-capitalistic Ferengi being commonly used in the show.

Edited by smjjames

Replicators probably have some brutal DRM

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Dismissing the report, Mr Trump continued: “Number two, if you go back and if you look at articles, they talked about global freezing, they talked about at some point the planets could have freeze to death (sic), then it’s going to die of heat exhaustion.

Rover would do a better job than chump

Xmcfbvw.jpg

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Dismissing the report, Mr Trump continued: “Number two, if you go back and if you look at articles, they talked about global freezing, they talked about at some point the planets could have freeze to death (sic), then it’s going to die of heat exhaustion.

Rover would do a better job than chump

Xmcfbvw.jpg

He'd have my vote. The government that governs best governs least. Dogs don't do any more than they have to!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/michael-cohen-latest-donald-trumps-former-lawyer-pleads-guilty-to-lying-to-congress-a4003896.html

This story has potential to create more consternation for the Trump presidency, in summary Cohen previously mentioned that the Trump project to build a tower in Moscow ended in January 2016 but apparently these discussions continued into June 2016 ...Trump has always denied this

I would suggest we get some popcorn and watch the theatrics unfold but there simply is no more Trump popcorn, its been used months ago with all the alleged scandals     :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I do have to hand it to Bush & Obama. I have little positive to say about either of them or their time in office but at least we had 16 years without any major scandals (from the White House at least)

Thomas Sowell

I thought W. Bush would be your most hated president of all time.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I never had an intense dislike of Bush but I did have some criticism for him but after some of the Trump antics I am battling to think of any real issues around Bush  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not even in the top 5! With guys like Pierce, Harding, Hoover, Johnson, & Nixon blocking the way that is a tough summit to reach. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Not even in the top 5! With guys like Pierce, Harding, Hoover, Johnson, & Nixon blocking the way that is a tough summit to reach.

I'd imagine the patriot act would trump all, given your libertarian inclinations.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guys watch this video and please comment, I agree with most of what Jordan Peterson is saying and how the usage of unnecessary pronouns can lead to the undermining of free speech and doesnt help the transgender community in the long run. Especially when people leave university

Sorry if this has been discussed before  :geek:

John Milton 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46397644

Russia will undoubtedly send 15 year old infiltrators to wait a year or so.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

R.I.P. President Bush.

Thank you for your many years of honorable public service, sir.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 4

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

R.I.P. President Bush.

Thank you for your many years of honorable public service, sir.

I have to say that I disagree with classification that Bush senior was honorable in way he concluded his business especially as vice president and as president, but there are and has been worse people. 

I'd imagine the patriot act would trump all, given your libertarian inclinations.

Did you mean MY personal least favorite or Americans collectively least favorite? If it's my personal I've never made a list. If i did it would probably have Woodrow Wilson at number one. The corrosion of the enumerated powers differences of the Executive and Legislature began with him. 

To tell you the truth I'd have a much easier time coming up with a list of Presidents I liked and respected. It would be a much shorter list. And no, GWB would not be on that one. 

Thomas Sowell