The Political Thread - Burlamaqui edition

Amentep

Apparently Ivanka Trump is using her personal e-mail for government business. Prediction: the people howling for Hillary Clinton to be locked up for essentially the same thing will be cool with it. The people who thought Clinton did no wrong will be chanting "lock her up" or something. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Always find it funny how booze gets a pass compared to reactions to other drugs. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Apparently Ivanka Trump is using her personal e-mail for government business. Prediction: the people howling for Hillary Clinton to be locked up for essentially the same thing will be cool with it. The people who thought Clinton did no wrong will be chanting "lock her up" or something. 

Some probably will just to be ironic, but yeah, it just shows the hypocrisy surrounding the emails.

"Always find it funny how booze gets a pass compared to reactions to other drugs."

Uh. They tried to ban alcohol. It was called Prohibition. It did not work. You know what they say about repeating past mistakes now? Espicially funny now during a time when  the big push is to make drugs legal. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm baffled that Ivanka have a position important enough to need using secured gov. email.

But if that's the case. Lock her up! Lock her up!

I doubt if he would do that, but Trump should enforce the full scale of the law on Ivanka. This would shut up his opponents and scare the living crap out of Hillary. Win Win.

That's nepotism for ya.

I'm baffled that Ivanka have a position important enough to need using secured gov. email.

But if that's the case. Lock her up! Lock her up!

I doubt if he would do that, but Trump should enforce the full scale of the law on Ivanka. This would shut up his opponents and scare the living crap out of Hillary. Win Win.

That's nepotism for ya.

:lol:  That has never worked out well for anyone!

375px-Jimmy_and_Billy_Carter_trimmed.jpg

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Jim Carrey response to the crisis:

"Trump is a cancer, Republicans are rapists that need to be removed"

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/11/19/jim-carrey-trump-is-cancer-republicans-rapists-who-need-to-be-removed/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0CO3j-4OfRv-UVlSwg7FJuKU8vQsIXP7a9yW6mPMQmdliXG6MBZCxPhfo

Coming from someone who says we don't exist ad there is and should be no concept of reality, morality (wrong and right) or relatism.... I found it to be very interesting that he'd care so much.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

He just wants to be next president

He can't as he was born in Newmarket, Canada - some podunk place outside the bastion of civilization in Canada aka Toronto. :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Depends on whether she's receiving classified information on it or deleting stuff that needs to be preserved? It wasn't just the receiving emails on her server that was the problem with Hillary, it was why she was doing it that way and what she did with it (and it being unsecure).

Hope Donald actually does nominate Ivanka for ambassador to the UN, the reactions would be a thing to behold.

Depends on whether she's receiving classified information on it or deleting stuff that needs to be preserved? It wasn't just the receiving emails on her server that was the problem with Hillary, it was why she was doing it that way and what she did with it (and it being unsecure).

Hope Donald actually does nominate Ivanka for ambassador to the UN, the reactions would be a thing to behold.

According to news she has done classified government correspondence through her private email and those emails have not been recorded as law demands. So quite similar to what Hillary did. 

By known information neither Hillary's or Ivanka's emails have not been compromised by party who has not given lawful access to said emails.

IIRC, Comey in his pre-election press conference basically said you wouldn't generally prosecute for this type of crime/incompetence, but I think the implication was that you would probably get fired over it, which I thought was frustrating but probably fair at the time. Of course, you can't really fire the First Lady...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

According to news she has done classified government correspondence through her private email and those emails have not been recorded as law demands. So quite similar to what Hillary did. 

By known information neither Hillary's or Ivanka's emails have not been compromised by party who has not given lawful access to said emails.

Similar, though Hillary actively deleted hers and for all we know (and as much as we know anything) Ivanka's may be sitting in her Sent box ready to be preserved.

If half the stuff about Hillary's server was true it was quite thoroughly compromised as groups do nothing other than scan for vulnerabilities let alone target politicians. Wouldn't be surprised if it was used as a spam relay as well. Gmail or Hotmail would have been safer.

• Like 1

The poorest thing about the situation is that we're only fed "information' by which sources we deem trusted. And with that, every source is somehow biased towards which ever way the favored audience is, this means that every piece of information on the specific topic is slightly different. So... We'll never really know the truth or depth of such a thing but it certainly is fun to act as if we know. After all, who doesn't like playing detective?

We shall see what happens when they turn in "soon" whether that is tonight or tomorrow or God only knows when. As far as Ivanka, it's probably more likely just some new thing to make our President look bad but who knows. I am not surprised by anything these days.

More importantly, Mr. Peas was pardoned today. The other was taken to the house to face the grave consequences though, this seems to be trending currently and while activists question "Why not pardon both?" The average American was thankful that one was returned to their rightful families. I thought it was funny, I would have personally ordered both to go to the house and face the consequences of migrating and living a unpolitically tainted life.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Statement from President Donald J. Trump on Standing with Saudi Arabia

The world is a very dangerous place!

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq’s fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries – and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder. After great independent research, we now know many details of this horrible crime. We have already sanctioned 17 Saudis known to have been involved in the murder of Mr. Khashoggi, and the disposal of his body.

Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an “enemy of the state” and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, but my decision is in no way based on that – this is an unacceptable and horrible crime. King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!

That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi. In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have been a great ally in our very important fight against Iran. The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. It is our paramount goal to fully eliminate the threat of terrorism throughout the world!

I understand there are members of Congress who, for political or other reasons, would like to go in a different direction – and they are free to do so. I will consider whatever ideas are presented to me, but only if they are consistent with the absolute security and safety of America. After the United States, Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world. They have worked closely with us and have been very responsive to my requests to keeping oil prices at reasonable levels – so important for the world. As President of the United States I intend to ensure that, in a very dangerous world, America is pursuing its national interests and vigorously contesting countries that wish to do us harm. Very simply it is called America First!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-donald-j-trump-standing-saudi-arabia/

Edited by injurai

I'm not sure there's a single 'fact' there which is actually factual, quite an achievement even for Donald.

It actually reads like the justification a 10 year old would give for why his friend punched a 5 year old in the playground. I particularly like the random mention of Khashoggi being Muslim Brotherhood, as if (1) any American should care if he was Ikwhan (which he wasn't) and (2) as if wild and wholly incorrect accusations made as justifications actually are justifications.

Our president having fun with the press on a whole new level lol Enjoy!

Edited by SonicMage117

Kosovo’s bid to join Interpol fails, in victory for Serbia

Which is funny considering all the things they did to make it happen. From passing the motion to a vote, which was against the rules, to Mary Rodriguez (American) taking over the key part of the conference, which was not her duty, where she "answered" the complaints of the members, to there being 2 votes on the same motion with a pause between them.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I am of the opinion that it is the responsibility of the White House security team to ensure all members of the Presidential support team understand how there various devices work to ensure there data  usage inst compromised

So in other words I dont blame Ivanka or Hilary for not understanding some of the security requirements around IT, its easy to make these types of mistake around security protocol 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela