The Political Thread - Burlamaqui edition

Amentep

Oh well, it's a weird world we live in. :)

*puts gun against forehead*

*fires*

Dang...it missed.

♫♩With your feet in the air and your head on the ground♫♩
Is that a reference to Khashoggi?! Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Just for chuckles: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/number-witches-us-rise-may-outnumber-presbyterians

Not surprisingly, the Los Angeles Times ran a commentary on May 23, 2017, in which writer Diana Wagman described how she had joined with "thousands of witches, believers and people like me all over the world" to cast a binding spell on President Donald Trump "under the waning crescent moon" in April last year.

"It was not meant to physically hurt him, only to keep him from succeeding at his tasks," explained Wagman.

How is that working out?  :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Speaking of impeding success. There is a frustrating dynamic in party politics where each party wants to be the one to usher in a change that they'd both agree on. So instead they hobble each other to get the name recognition for positive change.

When people like Elon Musk step up to advise Trump in order to help navigate the next 4 years smoothly, then get's criticized by the progressive left for merely an attempt of effort, it really shows where people's minds are. Of course that relation fell through in the end, but the important part is to cultivate that mindset of attempt. It's gross when people promote arbitrary guilt by association, it's really just an excuse to abdicate responsibility and find easy refuge within echoic reward structure. It's the exact same way the bulk of the GOP operated for most of Obama's terms.

Saudi is a key player in the petrol dollar (they only sell their oil for USD.) We aren't dependent on Saudi oil, we are dependent on the surplus valuation of the dollar holding it's value. Until the US can find an export that the rest of the world wants that forces the globe to keep a sizeable portion of their wealth invested in US dollars, then we aren't getting out from under shackles. If only Venezuela was a neo-liberal polyarchy divorced from OPEC... until then :sadface:

Apparently the Saudi's have less oil then they are letting on, but I don't think they are running out any time soon. Literally the spice must flow.

There has always been an "anti-Saudi  " sentiment from some members on this forum, its basically the same criticism towards Saudi Arabia and how they have either exasperated Islamic Extremism, fund it or actually are the " real baddies in the ME "

As usual with these types of comments I find people conflate issues and unintentionally seem to ignore developments in the ME since 9/11 where we should recognize the good Saudi Arabia has done 

Saudi Arabia has been an ally to the USA  in the war on terror and have made several important initiatives to eradicate  extremism in the ME, yes they initially probably wanted to stay out of   it but when they were targeted by Al-Qaeda after 9/11 the Saudi monarchy realized that there own existence was threatened so they logically aligned with the West which was the right thing to do

So in summary, why is the Trump and Saudi relationship relevant and important

1. As you mentioned Saudi Arabia is basically OPEC due to its influence on the other Gulf States, they have a critical role in ensuring continued oil supply
  2. They are opposed to the type of Islamic Extremism that has plagued the world since 9/11
  3. They are fundamental in the Shia\Sunni conflict that needs to meet a conclusion in the ME. They represent the side that I really believe offers the ME  the best option  for stability and economic sustainability

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

SA is a scumbag Nazi evil country. Stop defending them. Just because they oppose another scumbag Nazi evil country like Iran doesn't change that.

I understand your view on  SA, just to clarify what are your honest issues with SA.

I can guess based on what you mentioned in the past but I am just wondering if you can reiterate them?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce (2nd me) vs Volourn (3rd me) will be an interesting fight to see :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

"I can guess based on what you mentioned in the past but I am just wondering if you can reiterate them?"

Dude. This latest murder of a journalist is why. People bash Trump as some of evil Nazi devil dictator but his worst ';crime' against a journalist is 'banishing' one from the WH because he wouldn't share the mic.. and then promptly  obeying a judge who 'overruled' him. No way does SA leaders even think about doing that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just gonna leave these here as they are very important.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Bruce's casual dismissal of "some members' anti-Saudi sentiment" is almost as funny as his misuse of the term "exasperation", especially now, in light of bin Sawman's penchant for overtly robbing, disappearing, and murdering anyone that opposes him.

I mean, this isn't even news. Reminder that last year, about 200 members of the House of Saud, the military, politicians and businessmen were detained in a hotel in Riyadh, in what was billed as an "anti-corruption operation", but was ostensibly a crackdown against rivals and the opposition. Some entered as billionaires and came out paupers. Lucky them—at least another one came out in a box. Or the hijinks with Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri being held hostage and forced to resign, that was fun. Or the other wayward princes that the regime kidnapped and disappeared, even the beeb had a programme about it.

But guys guys, other than that, their generally terrible human rights record and the genocidal war on Yemen, could you please restate what exactly is your problem with Saudi?

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

SA is a scumbag Nazi evil country. Stop defending them. Just because they oppose another scumbag Nazi evil country like Iran doesn't change that.

From which 'Nazi evil scumbag' country do you hail from, my good man?!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Everything/Everyone is a nazi according to Volourn :lol:

• Like 1

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Age 46, Single, Trump Supporter, Checks his Facebook constantly" Did I get all that right?

That sounds a bit like he has a lot of free time. Is he retired? I'm guessing he goes after the non-Trump supporting youth of our nation and if I'm right, that's very sad.

I'm always on my phone, my wife would kill me if I had that desk or was constantly on the computer. Phone is a bit different though. I really do wish I had the free time maybe when I get old, that old (50 and up is hella old) just maybe I'll be that lucky to have a nice pc desk and a Lotta free time. Who knows lol

Edited by SonicMage117

Christopher Blair? I may have used that name on occasion, I must admit. Though the last time was 22 (that long, really?) years ago.

Hope that guy backed Star Citizen

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hope that guy backed Star Citizen

As an expert excrement expeditor, he probably knows better.

Actually, that'd mean he would be working for CIG :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think this video sums up why people dont like lefties in US:

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Why can't people just mind their own f-----g business? Why does every single perceived "problem" have to be the business of the goddamned f-----g government? First of all you all know what I think of taxation on general principle. But if it must exist as means of funding big brother could we at the very least not have to suffer it as a nanny state behavior control mechanism? Of course smoking is bad. Of course drinking (particularly to excess) is unhealthy. So f-----g what? We are all adults here. If an grown and consenting adult wishes to engage in self destructive behavior against warnings and better sense then just let them. 

Besides, we've already tried banning booze once. We already know we didn't learn anything from that (see War on Drugs). 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2018/11/19/alcohol-taxes-restrictions-public-health-policy-problem-drinking-blue-laws/1729501002/

Thomas Sowell