Deadfire is nominated for best RPG by the TGA

Also got nominated for Best Storytelling and Best PC Game at the Golden Joysticks Awards. Congrats Obsidian! :)

Also guys, you can vote for the Game Awards here: https://thegameawards.com/awards/ Let's show our love to this great game!

Edited by algroth
  • Like 6

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I feel the game deserves some kind of storytelling plaudit if only because we're unlikely to see its blend of colonial politics, cosmic pessimism, ernst bloch and frivolous pirate romp ever again.

Theres a good reason for that, because that combo has an audience of about five people but damn if im not in awe of its bloody-mindedness.

Ur character is the plaything of forces beyond their control, bounced off walls like odysseus by a collection of bickering gods. The biggest atheist in the setting is the god most obviously aligned with christianity.

Ur best friends are: a sweet, if slighty stupid and embarrassing, farmer going through a midlife crisis - and a pretty boy with a stick up his arse who has conversations with his id. Dont get me started on the paladin with dysmorphia who cares about her country more than she'll ever care about u.

This is all in a genre meant to deliver a fantasy that you can define urself, express urself, change the world and matter to people.

Edited by Triple - A Foxy Lad
  • Like 2

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

At this point, I still can't leave kraken's Eye 2F, the developers don't care, they always say need save file、log, yes, I did give 2 times, but they not do anything!!!

Is this a good game? No, this is a fraud group!

I will tell every friend that this is a fraud group, a lot of bugs game, pay this like kiss ass!

When necessary, I will file a fraud complaint with STEAM until I am patient.

At this point, I still can't leave kraken's Eye 2F, the developers don't care, they always say need save file、log, yes, I did give 2 times, but they not do anything!!!
I will tell every friend that this is a fraud group, a lot of bugs game, pay this like kiss ass!

Shoot we are just gamers too, haven't experienced any real horrible issues yet but definitely feel for you, I would try to get your money back for sure!  No use playing a game that won't play on your system.

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Hey let's chill out here. I get that you have a stressful/frustrating problem. But we are all just people who play the game here.

Developers can't fix bugs on a whim. Due to the relative rarity of the bug (very few of us here are experiencing the same issue), it'll be harder to track down. Even if they could track it down, it takes time to program the fix, to test it, and then to have it roll out in a patch to Steam/GoG (and even then it will need to be beta-ed first for a week or so). And even if they could quickly do all that, they have release schedules, so it might still have to wait a couple weeks to make it into the next release.

• Like 1

I don't put much stock in awards but most people do like them.

Frankly the options don't make much sense, you can't put together Western RPGs and Jrpgs, let alone games that barely qualify as computer roleplaying games.

Publicity.

Hey let's chill out here. I get that you have a stressful/frustrating problem. But we are all just people who play the game here.

Developers can't fix bugs on a whim. Due to the relative rarity of the bug (very few of us here are experiencing the same issue), it'll be harder to track down. Even if they could track it down, it takes time to program the fix, to test it, and then to have it roll out in a patch to Steam/GoG (and even then it will need to be beta-ed first for a week or so). And even if they could quickly do all that, they have release schedules, so it might still have to wait a couple weeks to make it into the next release.

They would have to focus on fixing bugs first, not treat them as a secondary problem.

Really, comparing a PC cRPG to a jRPG game is kinda silly. They should be in two different categories. Then again, Deadfire would not have any competition in its own category (other than maybe Kingmaker) because almost nobody makes these kind of games anymore.

Monster Hunter World is definetly in a wrong category. Perhaps the action-adventure category has stronger competition, so they want MHW to win somewhere else, to boost the sales? 

Really, comparing a PC cRPG to a jRPG game is kinda silly. They should be in two different categories. Then again, Deadfire would not have any competition in its own category (other than maybe Kingmaker) because almost nobody makes these kind of games anymore.

Victory by default is the best kind of victory :) (as the great american philosopher Homer Simpson once said: "default! the two sweetest words in the english language! DE FAULT DE FAULT!")

• Like 1