Did the recent patches change behaviour of enemy group when trying to split them?

I had a long break (2-3 months or so) and came back today to start a first legit full run. Like earlier, I took potd + deadly deadfire mod, and noticed when I'm trying to split tougher groups, whole group swarms to me, no matter if some enemies were far away and hidden in fog of war. I used to provoke and drag, for example, 2-4 enemies to my team hidden somewhere far away, finish them, then push to remaining enemies. I'm talking about first island quests (engwithian site, or large group of salvagers in semi drown town part, with well).

It would be dissapointing if it was intented change, killing one of scarce few strategical aspects of game :(

It's a general problem throughout the game right now.  In the crypt with the reckless brigandine I managed to pull the entire map with one fight.

There's an open topic on the issues forum where the devs have stated it's not intentional and they're trying to figure out what is going on.

Bollocks, and I thought after this long time game would be patched enough to play without major hiccups :( Thanks for link, it pretty much answers my question

It's a general problem throughout the game right now.  In the crypt with the reckless brigandine I managed to pull the entire map with one fight.

There's an open topic on the issues forum where the devs have stated it's not intentional and they're trying to figure out what is going on.

Bollocks, and I thought after this long time game would be patched enough to play without major hiccups :( Thanks for link, it pretty much answers my question

Well, it was before the patch. In the most fights, the enmies don't get aggroed from far away, but they do indeed on the starting island and i think at the nemnok fight.