What will happen to macOS and Linux support?

pdmk

Hi, I am happy for your partnership with Microsoft, hopefully it will help you to move to next level.

My question is if you will develop your games for macOS and Linux? I fully understand that player base on these OS' is very small, but still as a MAC owner I was very glad to see your games to be available for us. Now I am worried that will change with your new partnership. 

Can somebody from Obsidian please comment ?

Thank you

• Like 1

Hi, I am happy for your partnership with Microsoft, hopefully it will help you to move to next level.

My question is if you will develop your games for macOS and Linux? I fully understand that player base on these OS' is very small, but still as a MAC owner I was very glad to see your games to be available for us. Now I am worried that will change with your new partnership. 

Can somebody from Obsidian please comment ?

Thank you

Sure, Microsoft is well know for his Linux and Mac support xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well... Microsoft is working with Linux more than ever. Of course that's mostly on the business software level, not the consumer level. But in general it seems that Microsoft is more open minded towards Linux nowadays. Maybe also because it's no threat at all...

I have no hopes for MacOS though.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods