It is very good. It's protective as well. Although its terrifying retaliation seems to interfere with other retaliation effects like Minoletta's Piercing Sigil.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Terrifying effects are OP in most fights. I'm playing pure illusionist currently. With few items boosting PL of illusion spells and metamagic ability to change radius of AoE spells I'm able to lock down most of combatants while rest of the party deal damage.

I'm thinking now about monk/wizard or fighter/wizard with Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage and Zandethus' Draconic Fury along with other inspirations and protection spells.

giphy.gif

Drconic Fury is especially impressive with Rogue as second class because the huge additive damage bonuses work well with the two multiplicative lashes from Draconic Fury. And Spellblade is a powerful class combo anyway.

From a RP perspective Draconic Fury should only be used with a Warlock though. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

With high DEX, Alacrity and Rapid Casting it's not that bad.

Maybe it isn't the most effective way but most of my characters have higher Dex than Might. I go for Per > Dex > Int > Mig most of the time. Strange habit from Tyranny. I just don't feel bonus from average Might to be significant and I rarely put it to maximum value. I have similar habit from Lineage 2 (but there wasn't any stat distribution with exception of bonuses from tattoos). For some classes based on regular attack for dealing damage it was like: higher attack speed = more attacks in certain period of time = more opportunities to score critical hits.

I should probably use some DPS calculator for Deadfire or sit down and do the math.

Anyway, thanks for hint with Soulblade. Actually it's probably the only subclass of cipher which have sense while combined with wizard since damge from spells don't generate focus. I had fun with soulblade during the beta.

giphy.gif

AoE. Not with the full amount, but still. Also the focus generation works with the AoE hits.

I wonder. You are testing your characters for somw time, use console commands to speed up the proces or you are playing through enitre game with all those builds?

giphy.gif

I usually test a build idea with the console, then I will start and finish a playthrough with the idea I like best as MC and the others I gathered as adventurers (or companions if they fit the class - like Serafen = SC Barb). The ones that are cool during that playthrough I might post. That's why I don't post a lot of builds atm: not enough time to finish my current playthrough. ;)

• Like 1

I usually test a build idea with the console, then I will start and finish a playthrough with the idea I like best as MC and the others I gathered as adventurers (or companions if they fit the class - like Serafen = SC Barb). The ones that are cool during that playthrough I might post. That's why I don't post a lot of builds atm: not enough time to finish my current playthrough. ;)

It makes sense. I can't convince myself to use adventurers. I always go with companions or even sidekicks.
  • Like 1

giphy.gif

It makes sense. I can't convince myself to use adventurers. I always go with companions or even sidekicks.

You can still use the unity console on nexusmods to modify class and stats on companions and sidekicks.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit off-topic, but I see Daom mentioned as Action Speed buff. Does it give action speed now? My first and only p/t was the base game - I was waiting for all DLCs to be released.  

And what the best action speed, accuracy, pen and hit-to crit buffs currently are? On release that were zerker frenzy and streetfighter passive. Did anything change?

Yes, it gives you a 15% action speed bonus now. In addition to the +5 DEX inspiration it always had and which also gives you an action speed buff.

The Streetfigter passive "Heating Up" is the ability that speeds you up the most. Also modals of Hunting Bow and Pistols do that same thing but come with ACC debuffs.

Barbarian's Frenzy and Bloodlust do stack, so Barb is a good candidate for speed as well.

You can imagine that a Berserker/Streetfighter with pistols can become a pretty fast (but rather inaccurate) gunslinger... ;)

Another thing that is often overlooked is that Sure Handed Ila is acually a 40% bonus rather than a 20% bonus with reloading weapons - because the bonus is applied twice for some reason. So Streetfigher/Chanter with pistols is also very fast.

• Like 1