I keep re-rolling my first char.

I want to do a singleclass nalpazca run, but get the impression that certain enemies will bug-shut him down with Arcane Dampener leading to drug crash.

I assume this bug still exist? Or is patched? 

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

Arcane Dampener still removes drug effects and leaves you crashed. Though it needs to be said that the drug effect comes back when AD expires. Being a monk you could actually reduce it's duration to the point of expiration. 

So the monk avoids the -100% debuff to healing after expiration and only suffer the crash effects?

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

Only Nalpasca monks suffer -100% healing from drug crashes though.

I think what Frak is asking is if Nalpazca monks still suffer the Nalpazca crash debuff after AD expires.

Yep. Got the answer. They do suffer "Burden of the Soul" after being dampened. 

Hmm, so either spam drugs in those fights or choose another (sub)class. Choices, choices. 

Nerf Troubadour!

Only Nalpasca monks suffer -100% healing from drug crashes though.

I think what Frak is asking is if Nalpazca monks still suffer the Nalpazca crash debuff after AD expires.

Yep. Got the answer. They do suffer "Burden of the Soul" after being dampened. 

Hmm, so either spam drugs in those fights or choose another (sub)class. Choices, choices. 

Can a Transcendent (Nalpazca/Cipher (any subclass)) take Iron Will & Bull's Will? If so, perhaps consider a Transcendent (+ Borrowed Instinct, Psychovampiric Shield) for buffing Will defense to (nearly) untouchable levels. Or run a Votary who casts Moonwell scrolls, I suppose. Also, isn't there a unique armor with an enchantment (Ardent, I think) that increases Will defense as health goes down? Finally, also consider Gipon Prudesco for Bravado's boost to RES at the beginning of a fight, I suppose.

Yes, if you go cipher/x You can pick both. But I don't know if it's worth it with transcendent if You don't play PotD. On lv18 I am maxing will at 170(Boots of stone, that star Cape, prostitute boon, necklace +2 INT, borrowed instinct, psycho shield, 10 starting resolve, max wounds). That armor is from Valera/Bardatto quests, there is +5 will on that sword from random encounter in Neketaka too

Edited by Waski
  • Like 2

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm going streetfighter. I cannot ruin my immersion by speculating in using specific gear for specific encounters and I can't be a cipher as Serafen is so clearly designed to be one. Besides I love Wild Mind. It's the best joker in the game. :lol:

Nerf Troubadour!

That gear isn't that specific, it's more or less top for each slot, you gonna end with either of that cloaks, that boots are giving resistance for might affliction and high INT is even more important for rouge. Besides there is always a vanilla monk, nothing wrong with him.

• Like 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm going streetfighter. I cannot ruin my immersion by speculating in using specific gear for specific encounters and I can't be a cipher as Serafen is so clearly designed to be one. Besides I love Wild Mind. It's the best joker in the game. :lol:

Frankly Serafen is a terrible Cipher IMO. Too bad, as he's one of the coolest companions.

If you want a decent Cipher sidekick, your choice is limited to Ydwin.

But frankly you won't know Cipher power until you play an Ascendant variant yourself.

Frankly Serafen is a terrible Cipher IMO. Too bad, as he's one of the coolest companions.

If you want a decent Cipher sidekick, your choice is limited to Ydwin.

But frankly you won't know Cipher power until you play an Ascendant variant yourself.

+100. every time i roll serafen as a cipher or part-cipher I end up regretting it. Maybe on lower difficulties it's more "fun", but on PotD + upscaling + god's challenges, wild mind is basically pure frustrating downside that says "hey every time you use a cipher power, there's a chance that this battle that was kinda going ok will all of a sudden turn into a wipe." Nothing quite like a hard battle that you're finally doing well in, and then you use serafen to try to do Pain Block and instead you trigger a wild mind that does AoE damage to everyone and kills half your party. Or trying to do some enemy debuff, and instead Wild Mind triggers and now they all have Brilliant instead. At least wild mages in BG2/BGEE had ways to game around wild surges and a lot of them were harmless (and the overall difficulty curve was lower, despite what periodic forum comments think, so a cow falling from the sky isn't as catastrophic an outcome as serafen's aoe blasts).

He's a decent barbarian though. (Rekke is the best) And his personal sidequest is decent and gets you several great items.

TL;DR: wild mind is a garbage subclass.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1