Does opening the console permanently stop all achievements

I opened the console and closed it after finishing but I don't seem to be collecting any achievements. My known evidence of this is that I have made level 20 four times, I have been named a contender in gladiator games and I have bought all five ships but those achievements (and who knows how many more) are still shown as locked. How do I get them?

I know the console is closed because the game told me "cheats disabled".

Iroll20s is NOT the command to open the console. It's the command to unlock the acceptance of cheat commands.

As long as you don't type iroll20s into the console your achievements (be it Berath's Blessing or Steam) will not be touched.

Opening the console itself does not disable achievements. The console can be used for other things than cheating.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't know what you mean by 'after finishing', but if you used iroll20s to enable cheats, then entered some command, then closed it - then you've made a cheat action in that save, so of course, achievements will be disabled for that save.

It wouldn't make sense otherwise. You add gold or experience with the cheat commands, then the fact that you subsequently disabled further cheats doesn't matter.

Anyway, why worry? Achievements are meaningless fodder. Play the game and enjoy it, with or without cheats as you please.

Thanks, now I know. Obsidian support gave me that command because I was stuck in a dungeon and could not get out. They gave me that command and then a teleport command to Neketaka and didn't tell me about the side effect. What can you use the console for?

Thanks, now I know. Obsidian support gave me that command because I was stuck in a dungeon and could not get out. They gave me that command and then a teleport command to Neketaka and didn't tell me about the side effect. What can you use the console for?

This list is from PoE1, but maybe it works here too.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Console_command

I think there is a console thread for Deadfire, but I can't find it.

sign.jpg

I don't know what you mean by 'after finishing', but if you used iroll20s to enable cheats, then entered some command, then closed it - then you've made a cheat action in that save, so of course, achievements will be disabled for that save.

It wouldn't make sense otherwise. You add gold or experience with the cheat commands, then the fact that you subsequently disabled further cheats doesn't matter.

Anyway, why worry? Achievements are meaningless fodder. Play the game and enjoy it, with or without cheats as you please.

I don't think that achievements are completely meaningless. Don't the number of achievements affect the number of Berath's Blessings available?