[BUILD] (in progress) Sister of the Reaping Storm

While I've had PoE2 for a while now, I have not got far, because I keep wanting to try out new builds, and explore them.  I've been looking at Chanter since I liked it a lot in PoE1, and I've decided to go with my take for a melee based Chanter and make a build thread, to help me overcome my alt-itis and play through the game.

I also noted there are no Cantor builds (Chanter/Monk) in the build list, so I went what that combo, so that if it works at all, others can try it and modify to fit their play styles.

I am using one mod, one that opens up all the subclasses and that is relevant here.

My basic concept, from an RP sense, is a person driven by the fact her life keeps getting uprooted.  She started as a normal elf, living a normal life in the Deadfire, until her village was raided by slavers.  She was caught, escaped eventually, joined a pirate crew.   She was successful enough, but her captain was betrayed by a rival, and she barely escaped when authorities caught them in port.  Making her way to the Dyrwood, she awakened, survived, and settled down as a reasonable, fair-minded, noble.

Then Eothas wrecked her home and turned her life upside down once more.    Needless to say, she has a bone to pick with him, and Berath's offer to track him down was eagerly accepted.

Amelia

Race:  Wood Elf

Background:  Deadfire - Raider.

Classes:  Chanter (Stormspeaker).   Why this class:  It fits the build perfectly.  She calls down the fury of the storm on her enemies.  Power wise, it's redundant at level one, but I'm ok with that.

Monk (Sister of the Reaping Moon).  Why this one?  I love the name, I want to keep Xoti single classed as a Priestess, and I love the name.  

Blessings:   I have not unlocked many points yet (alt-itis).   I have Double Skills and Unique Vendor chosen.

Stats:

Might:  14

Con:  10

Dex:  14

Per:   16

Int:    14

Res:   10

I could lower con/res for more in int/might, but I hate seeing numbers less than 10.   If I had the stats blessing, I think Con/Res would be base 8.

Proficiencies:  Small Shield, Rapier.

Chanter Abilities:

Thrice She was Wronged, and Thrice She was Avenged

Come, Come Soft Winds of Death

The Skies Opened and Vengence Rained Down

Monk Abilities:

Swift Strikes

Skills:

Active:  

4:  Athletics.

3:  Alchemy, Arcana, Slight of Hand 

1:  Stealth

Passive:

3:  All except :

1:  Streewise

0:  Intimidate and Survival

I'll update as I level and with thoughts about battles as I have them.

I hope to be entertaining and comments are welcome.

First observations:

Thrice she was Wronged  and The Skies Opened are not redundant at all.  The different AoE templates for them make for flexibility.

Swift Strikes is fun.  I guess most monk players know that, but I never played monk in PoE 1 and the AI did great with Zahua, so I never micro'ed him.

I'm not sure if unarmed or rapier/shield is better, I've been switching between them, testing a bit.  They seem close to equal at level 1.

Level 2:

I put points in stealth and insight.  I don't know if I'll go high stealth, but I tend to like sneaky MCs in all games, so at least a little.

I also took Force of Angush to have a wound spender.  I debated that, though, because it knocks back, and I want to keep her targets in melee, but the prone could be nice to melee CC casters.

So far, and it's early, the build is fun.

I made it to level four just doing all the things you can do without fighting in Port Mahje.

I've added 2 to mechanics, 1 each to Diplomacy and Bluff, and picked up saber proficiency.

Chanter abilities:  The Thunder Rolled Like Waves on Black Seas

The Cave Provided Shelter through the Storm

At the Sound of His Voice, the Killers Grew Stiff

Monk ability:          Dance of Death

While I have not combat tested the new things yet, I've added a bit of CC to go along with lightning strikes.  Hopefully, the dig site goes smoothly for Xoti and Amelia.

The dig site was pretty smooth except for the fight at the bottom with the three panthers and two wurms.  That took Amelia and Xoti a few tries.  I'm getting a feel for the build and I'm liking it, and I want to try a single class monk at some point with the same subclass.  Getting three wounds after you make a kill leads to some crazy ability chaining sometimes.

At level 5, I took +1 mechanics, +1 history, and two weapon style since I am mostly using fists.  Dance of Death doesn't seem impressive so far but maybe I'm using it wrong.

Up to level 7 now and in Neketaka now,  Did some island exploring on the way, and I'm getting more comfy with the build.  I think the monk part is the stronger half.  

At 6 and 7 I took 2 points in mechanics, 1 each in history and metaphysics.

I added Clarity of Agony (6) and Lightning Strikes (7) for monk and Great Amira Let Her Wrath Be Shown and Ancient Memory (both 7) for Chanter.