So after my Amazon package got send back because the delivery guys were too stupid to get it to me, I've ordered it somewhere else. Cost me 60 bucks more, which annoyed me a damn hell...but the package arrived within two days, so whatever.
Here are my random thoughts about RDR2 on PS4:
- This game looks way better than I've expected. Folks made such a fuzz about how the Xbone is the best platform for it, but seriously, when I see the game on the PS4 Pro right now, I can't really imagine how the other console is topping it. I've watched all these comparison videos, but I simply can't see the pointed out flaws while the game is running. I mean, I don't deny they are there, just saying that I can't see it. As of now, the game looks about as good as any PC game I'm playing on my TV.
- Same about the non-native 4K. For me personally, this matters not a single bit. But maybe that's just because I have no frame of reference due to not being able to directly compare with the Xbox version.
- At times, I'm having the same problem with RDR2 as I had with Witcher 3: I see a lot, but I can't see ****. For some reason I have a very hard time focusing on anything in the game world that is a bit further away, especially in forest areas. After a while I went to the graphic options and reduced the sharpness filter by 50%. After that it got better.
- I find it hard to see enemies half the time. They blend into the environment and the only way for me to spot them is to abuse the auto aim. Again, this got better once I reduced the sharpness. Guess the super hard edges made everything blur into each other or whatever.
- The game world looks great. It's big, it's awesome.
- BUT the hell is that a traffic going on. There's no 5 minutes without seeing another rider or a wagon or someone yelling at me or whatever. There's too many people, even in the wilderness.
- Some of the missions have the same flaws as the usual open world game quests. They send you all over the place, all the time, which makes the game world feel small again. Yes it's big, but at the same time I'm jumping biomes like crazy.
- I wonder if they added the swamps just to use the walking-through-snow mechanic once more. :>
- The game has some great animation details. Love checking out my weapons and stuff like that.
- I had to shoot my horse, because some **** wounded it too much.
- I had to pay a boatload of money just because I accidentally missclicked or whatever and then it was a crime. First guy I wanted to stop, accidentally shot him in the belly. Or looting dead bodies on the roadside and some random rider passes along, reporting me, even if the folks attacked me first, etc. Actually I don't mind the later, it's just that there is ALWAYS a god damn rider passing along. Because this game is full of highways, with lots of traveling folks.
- Hunted animals on your horseback are rotting way too fast. I lost good meat because the game forced me into a cutscene or mission and once I was able to sell that crap, it was too late...
- Some missions could do with much less enemies, imo. After an hour or two of playing, I was already a mass-murderer. Pretty sure once the game ends, I've killed the population of Luxembourg.
- Controls are not as bad as folks made it seem, but they sure ain't pretty.
- That's all for now. Have to go to work now.
Edited by Lexx, 11 November 2018 - 10:20 PM.