What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Finished Mutant Year Zero.

Took 24 hours according to Steam, on very hard difficulty and not Ironman. Mind you that is with my playstyle though, meaning a lot of re-loading to get every map perfectly done and figure out the best approach to every encounter; I see games like this more like a puzzle.

It is about as long as the story could be. There are no random maps or encounters - everything is the way it is. Some maps are optional.

Would you enjoy it? Probably if you are named Hurlshot ;)

• Like 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'M BACK!!!

I just got Bloodborne for $10.00 and Nioh for $14.99, both new and in their shiny virgin boxes!

So needless to say, I'm quite excited :D

....it sort of brings the PS4-Pro to its knees. I'm surprised it does as well as it does. But it stutters/lags here and there during the busiest moments. With the relative easy of difficulty in D3 now, all classes are OP'd in their own ways, but the Necro is something special in that regard, even for a minion class. imo. It's hilarious really. :disguise:

That's Blizzard's crappy optimization for ya, that's exactly why I'm more partial to just stick to exclusives on consoles. It shows how well the console can do with people who actually know what to do with given hardware instead of just releasing bad ports :)

From what I've read, you're in for quite a treat and lotta action, having bagged those two games! Have fun over X-Mas and beyond!! :sorcerer:

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Finished Dark Souls. Did most of it, Dark Sun Gwyndolin is still standing (for some early Titanite Chunk farming). Not sure what to think of it yet. I enjoyed the experience and might even continue in NG+ or replay but I don't really get the hype (yet?).

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Reinstalling Yoga Fire to give it another run with the new expansion

Still haven't finished the first DLC. Really don't like that snow stuff. Wasn't much interested in the other DLCs so far, because it's all just magic, magic, magic.... but I want guns and ships and colonization and ****.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So episode 1 of the council was mainly getting to meet people on the island, nothing super cereal happened. Episode 2, right off the bat

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm not sure I buy the whole idea that RPG's need to have choices when it comes to story. I can think of a number of traditional RPG's that give you little choice when it comes to fighting bosses and advancing the main quests. I guess maybe you can call it more of an action-RPG, but really RDR2 fills a bunch of different genre checkboxes and at the end of the day you are left with a fantastic game. 

No, stop it, let them live in the pretend world where Planescape: Torment is the true pinnacle of RPG's and not a long corridor with absolutely no emergency or worthwhile choices. In RDR2 there's a mission with only one solution!! That's all you need to know!!

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Truth told, I never really liked Planescape: Torment all that much. Too much fake dialog choices and garbage combat. It was really painful getting through.

Fallout and Arcanum is where it's at, even though Arcanum has its fair share of garbage combat as well.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Melkathi guilted me into buying Mutant: Year Zero. So far it is excellent. I like the mix of exploration and combat. Took me a bit to get used to the movement, seems more geared toward a controller, but it was a short adjustment time.

Depends on what you consider to be a role playing game. With so much genre blending and mashups a lot of games have adopted RPG features but I'm not sure that I would consider them as RPGs or what exactly that means anymore. And as far as honestly held but unpopular opinions go, how about this, New Vegas is the worst* Obsidian game.

*I never played the tank game, MMO**, or DS3

**Not sure if you'd consider it an Obsidian game 

Free games updated 3/4/21

And as far as honestly held but unpopular opinions go, how about this, New Vegas is the worst* Obsidian game.

So long as you don't say anything bad about Alpha Protocol we're cool, Shady. ;)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And as far as honestly held but unpopular opinions go, how about this, New Vegas is the worst* Obsidian game.

So long as you don't say anything bad about Alpha Protocol we're cool, Shady. ;)

The lockpicking and hacking was ****.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The true unpopular opinion is that all of their games suck.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The lockpicking and hacking was ****.

Your skills are **** son!

More unpopular opinions, KOTOR2 is tied with NWN2 with "worst Obsidian game". They are BAD. Even with the goddamn restoration project.

That's only the NWN2 main campaign though.

I definitely agree about KotOR2. Even worse is the first game, though that one had an actual ending. The KotOR games are massively overrated because Star Wars. Don't get me wrong, I went gaga for KotOR when it first came out too, but now my own inner Star Wars fan has died a long time ago (in a galaxy far away) so I am able to look at the games without synthetic Kyber crystal colored glasses on. Both games suffer from having an utterly terrible combat system. One that disguises turn-based as real time and somehow manages to be terrible at both aspects. KotOR 2 at least had interesting characters and a somewhat engaging story... Until it falls apart at the end due to being unfinished. KotOR 1's story is mediocre at best. Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

One of the unfortunate consequences of BioWare deciding to name the main character the "Herald of Andraste" is every time I'm greeted by someone it sounds like they're calling me Harold.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)