What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Well, the feeling of playing the same **** over and over, was the main reason, why I've completely stopped purchasing western AAA games with comming of PS3, with very few exceptions like Mortal Kombat and Gid of War. I am now completely indy, japanese, retro gamer, and I still feel enough motivation to enjoy my games even at my early 40ies. The only issue I have, is that when I know, I will be going for longer business trip, I hesitate to start a new game. For days like these, I still have my Assetto Corsa though :p

It doesn't matter, you're a buisness man. You can buy any game you want and play them whenever you want. :p

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

For Hollow Knight,

I just use Dashmaster, Long Nail and upgrade my nail. Whatever I have left usually went to health boosts. I rarely used secondary attacks in Hollow Knight so I beat the game on slashing and dashing alone.

The easoest bos fights in the game (the mantis lords and the dung defender) taught me it was more about patience and attacking at just the right opening than anything really.

One of my favorite bosses (Failed Champion aka Spirit False Knight or Return Of Flase Knight)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well, the feeling of playing the same **** over and over, was the main reason, why I've completely stopped purchasing western AAA games with comming of PS3, with very few exceptions like Mortal Kombat and Gid of War. I am now completely indy, japanese, retro gamer, and I still feel enough motivation to enjoy my games even at my early 40ies. The only issue I have, is that when I know, I will be going for longer business trip, I hesitate to start a new game. For days like these, I still have my Assetto Corsa though :p

It doesn't matter, you're a buisness man. You can buy any game you want and play them whenever you want. :p

That doesn't change the fact, that anything made by Ubi, EA, Acti is for me just waste of money, because I've already played everything, they can offer already 10 years ago ;)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I finished Iconoclasts. I really liked the twist in the ending.

I just wish they'd done more with all those characters. It's a bit defied expectations for good and bad. Like I thought Elro and Black would become party members and we'd all fight the final boss. But the whole "party" thing in the game is practically a red herring. Aside from a couple of fights where Mina helps or a couple doors Royal opens, the other characters don't do anything.

But it made one line in the epilogue all the funnier.

Robin comes home, having just saved the world, and her brother, Elro, who has been trying to get her to stop and return home because he thinks it's impossible and he thinks he has to protect her. "Okay, I won't tell you what to do anymore."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Replaying Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall.

There's something about these games that feels really refreshing to me. Even though they are very... simple in terms of how they are designed, they hit upon something really nice with Dragonfall especially. I think a lot of it is to do with how they approached the Shadowrun world and how they explore it through the characters. The writing balances right on that line between silly and serious, they really nailed the tone of it. And while I'm a big fan of sprawling RPGs, the mission design makes for nice sorta "bite-sized" playing sessions. And it also gives them a nice sort of focus, to explore particular aspects of the game world.

I just did the mission for Glory and it really is... pretty unique even though a lot of the parts of it are recognizable. Again, the setting, the tone, the mood, all of that kinda makes for the sorta lackluster gameplay.

I really hope HBS returns to Shadowrun at some point, and doesn't go all "let's try for a AAA experience!". I *love* that these games are all about the text, though Hong Kong felt a bit overdone in places.

• Like 4

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Have you found the Grimm Troupe yet?

Nope.

I know Grimm Troupe is a thing that exists, but I'm only going to find them if the process isn't overly convoluted

It's not, they're hidden behind a breakable wall like a lot of stuff.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I really hope HBS returns to Shadowrun at some point, and doesn't go all "let's try for a AAA experience!". I *love* that these games are all about the text, though Hong Kong felt a bit overdone in places.

I am sure they will return. Jordan Weisman is a genius, and that is one of his babies. I too was surprised at how well they captured the tone of the PnP game, but when you realize it is the original creator behind it, it makes a lot of sense.

Next I just need to get Ian Currie to make another Jagged Alliance.

• Like 1

Have you found the Grimm Troupe yet?

Nope.

I know Grimm Troupe is a thing that exists, but I'm only going to find them if the process isn't overly convoluted

It's not, they're hidden behind a breakable wall like a lot of stuff.

I think that's quite convoluted already. :p Without a youtube video I wouldn't have found them, ever.

Didn't started playing it yet, though, just activated it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Easy peasy.

As an observant/intelligent dev once said:

"if you're not trying to knock down every wall in a game you're into, you're playing it wrong"

Who knew it would be the thing to do in so many games? Ex. Zelders, Sonic, Hollow Knight, Arkham games, Spelunky, ect. It's just too easy.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Why am I playing Skyrim? It strikes me that I'm just looking for something that's easy to get into.

It's not even that fun. But playing Skyrim isn't intimidating. I feel like I can pick it up and put it down at any time. The story is so bare that if I put it down for a week I won't care about anything I forgot if I pick it back up. And it has a satisfying loop where you go to the dungeon, then head home and grind potions and enchanting and sell stuff. Even if the actual gameplay is a snooze.

There are far more interesting games in my library (I just got the Humble Monthly for Yakuza 0 yesterday), but I'm afraid to start them out of a fear I'll feel the need to be committed to it.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why am I playing Skyrim? It strikes me that I'm just looking for something that's easy to get into.

It's not even that fun. But playing Skyrim isn't intimidating. I feel like I can pick it up and put it down at any time. The story is so bare that if I put it down for a week I won't care about anything I forgot if I pick it back up. And it has a satisfying loop where you go to the dungeon, then head home and grind potions and enchanting and sell stuff. Even if the actual gameplay is a snooze.

It's a rarity among rpg's, it has a strange advantage over other rpg's as you can either play it as a casual game, not caring - or you can invest all your care into developing your character/characters. Either way just works with Skyrim.

Since i keep seeing it mentioned as a brilliant game, I went and bought Wizardry 8. I shall give it a go this weekend...

I remember buying that ages ago, mostly because screenshots and descriptions reminded me a tad of Might and Magic's. I recall emerging from some tutorial area, walking forward into some forest for a bit and being trounced by some mobster mobs. Then for some reason I never went back to it. I meant to, but...hm. Another disc I should pull out.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's a rarity among rpg's, it has a strange advantage over other rpg's as you can either play it as a casual game, not caring - or you can invest all your care into developing your character/characters. Either way just works with Skyrim.

I find that Skyrim (and many other Bethesda open world games) to be really good exploration game where you can have fun just wandering the world.

Since i keep seeing it mentioned as a brilliant game, I went and bought Wizardry 8. I shall give it a go this weekend...

I remember buying that ages ago, mostly because screenshots and descriptions reminded me a tad of Might and Magic's. I recall emerging from some tutorial area, walking forward into some forest for a bit and being trounced by some mobster mobs. Then for some reason I never went back to it. I meant to, but...hm. Another disc I should pull out.

Normally I'd avoid even minor spoilers if I could, but...

That would be the infamous Road to Arnika, and its even more infamous level scaled mobs. A lot of people quit there as completing the first area thoroughly hits the PC level trigger for higher level random mobs on the Road; and those mobs are overleveled; and there are lots of them. Any introduction to Wiz 8 should include a suggestion to avoid combat on the Arnika Road unless you're sure you can win (hide behind buildings and sneak down one side or the other) because otherwise it will be incredibly frustrating only a few hours in.

• Like 2

I find that Skyrim (and many other Bethesda open world games) to be really good exploration game where you can have fun just wandering the world.

Last good one was Morrowing for this simple aspect - hand crafted

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Daggerfall was randomized.

loot maybe

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Oblivion and Fallout 3 are the only beths games I have beaten. Fallout 4 is on hold for now(stuck at Nuka World) and Skyrim kept freezing on my PS3 so I just quit after 30 hours or so. Later on I got it for the PC but the motivation to play the game was simply not there, mostly because I spent my time playing Fallout New Vegas and replaying Fallout 3 with mods shortly after that.

Recently I reinstalled Skyrim with a bunch of mods but as of now, RDR2 along with Resi 0 and GoW Ghost of Sparta are taking all of my free time. Maybe I'll give it a whiff once I have finished Resi 0 and RDR2.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I been playing through ATOM RPG, now that it's out of early access. Reached level 13 with a melee focused build. My play time is going on 73 hours and I finally found the dog that can join your party,

now I just have to work on quickly leveling him up from well level one to my level, 13 or close to it 8 or so. I'm also pretty happy that I found all 3 pieces of dog body armor for him (his head, neck and torso). This game, ATOM RPG reminds me a lot of Fallout 1 and 2 (but it's set in Russia) and I love Fallout 1 and 2. There is also no energy weapons that I found so far but I'm ok with that.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Robbing people in Red Dead Redemption 2 seems impossible.  Every time I press the "rob" button, the person just draws on me and I have to kill them.

This may be a dumb qeustion but have you tried drawing before you press the rob button? IIRC, you have the option to do so and if I had to guess, I'd say 1 in every 10 people robbed me as not everyone is armed or people were scared because I pulled out premature rather than later.

I am seriously missing playing RDR2 though, unfortunately I uninstalled the game after I finished so no clue but I'm guessing that since I'm not a PS+ member, my save is gone. Oh well. The game is pretty much open from the second chapter anyways so no huge loss.

Robbing people isn't worth it anyway. It takes seconds till the magic police arrives and then you get a shootout and bounty that costs you more than you made from the actual robbing.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."