What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Playing GR Wildlands co-op. It is pretty fun, even if it will get pretty repetitive.  I did like the tag that the game is not an actual representation of Bolivia

Yeah, mission design is really barebones, so it gets rather repetitive. Still, open-world coop is never not fun if the people you play with are willing to go off-script even a little. It's the only reason I considered getting Far Cry 5 for.

Me, I've been going through Divinity OS/2 with a friend. Loving the writing and characters, but the stat bloat and progression model kinda hurts the whole experience for me.

Stellaris still unplayable, even with the beta patch.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Finally finished the GT1 Quick Races in Career mode in Assetto Corsa. I found out, that I really hate McLaren MP4-12C GT3 car, because the rear wheels are always sliding away for me, and with combination with Mugello circuit, I've spent 2.5 half hours to win the race on Medium difficulty, before I had to give up and drop it to Easy :(

All other cars in the championship are very good for handling even in base setup. All I've needed to win was Slick Soft tyres and little bit of practice.

If anyone is curious, here are 3 today's races :p :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/359809701?collection=Qf8vjkqicBUncg

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Playing GR Wildlands co-op. It is pretty fun, even if it will get pretty repetitive.  I did like the tag that the game is not an actual representation of Bolivia

Yeah, mission design is really barebones, so it gets rather repetitive. Still, open-world coop is never not fun if the people you play with are willing to go off-script even a little. It's the only reason I considered getting Far Cry 5 for.

Me, I've been going through Divinity OS/2 with a friend. Loving the writing and characters, but the stat bloat and progression model kinda hurts the whole experience for me.

Stellaris still unplayable, even with the beta patch.

Yep, in my case we routinely re-enact Black Hawk Down as neither of us has quite figured out trees and rotor blades don't mix.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Currently trying out Shadows: Awakening. It's a fairly interesting game so far, having you swap between up to four party members in diablo-style combat and phasing between two different planes of reality, which essentially means you have to explore each area twice. I wouldn't go into it expecting a compelling cRPG-type plot, though.

I actually quite like it so far (about to finish chapter 1 I think), but I had one major complaint during my first major boss battle. The camera was angled in such a way that movement was difficult and the UI along with the boss/enemies were blocking a good portion of the screen (and movement is done entirely through clicking as far as I can tell). This made movement far more difficult than it should be, resulting in my characters getting trapped and repeatedly smacked for massive chunks of their health a few times, forcing a couple reloads. It's a rather big design flaw, and if future boss battles are designed in a similar way... Ouch.

Edited by Saito Hikari
  • Like 1

Going thought Hollow Knight. The game's map is bloody genius - various ways of fast travel slowly opening up and unraveling, all areas have their own feel and ambience, and the whole game's extremely atmospheric - which may sound weird when said about a game as cutesy-looking as Hollow Knight, but it mostly feels extremely melancholic and makes me slightly depressed. And curious. Because there's just so much to find in Hollownest, and so much of it worth it.

Oh and it gets bonus points for not trying to implement any kind of levelling or skill system, outside of Metroid-esque standards.

• Like 1

Going thought Hollow Knight. The game's map is bloody genius - various ways of fast travel slowly opening up and unraveling, all areas have their own feel and ambience, and the whole game's extremely atmospheric - which may sound weird when said about a game as cutesy-looking as Hollow Knight, but it mostly feels extremely melancholic and makes me slightly depressed. And curious. Because there's just so much to find in Hollownest, and so much of it worth it.

Oh and it gets bonus points for not trying to implement any kind of levelling or skill system, outside of Metroid-esque standards.

Really try to get all charms, some boss fights get easier if you have the right combination. Get the notches too for the same reason.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

One of my acquisitions over the steam sale was Cross Code. An indie action RPG with a 16-bit style and overwhelmingly positive reviews.

And it's kind of a drag. Go through the first area doing a bunch of mindless quests. Get more quests for going through it a second time. Then move on to the next area, grabbing mindless quests. All the while the actual story is on hold until who knows when.

People really put too much value into how much a game takes to beat, in my opinion. Not enough questions about if that time was used well.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yes. Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 was real gem!

I was going to buy that along with the sequel last night but I didn't because I wasn't sure if the PS3 was the best place to play it with all the remakes and ports around. Also, I haven't played the first game yet.

Still, they are dirt cheap right now. 4.99 each...hmmm...

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yes. Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 was real gem!

I was going to buy that along with the sequel last night but I didn't because I wasn't sure if the PS3 was the best place to play it with all the remakes and ports around. Also, I haven't played the first game yet.

Still, they are dirt cheap right now. 4.99 each...hmmm...

I've played the first one, it's fun just for the puns and references.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You must be just now finding out about this... The game is 2 years old.

Anyway, points for not being rogue-esque as well. The game is simple as easy enough, wait until you start Soul Steel mode (assuming you really like the game). Good luck.

I always think of re-buying it on PS4 to get the trophies on there and make boss videos. A friend of mine got Salt & Sanctuary and beat all bosses on first try, however when they played Hollow Knight they raged. And that person is a Dark Souls expert so I'm quite proud that I'm actually quite good at Hollow Knight - whilst sucking at Dark Souls. Must be all the years of platformers like Sonic and Rayman. Rayman PS1 still be hailed as one of the most difficult platformers of any generation.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

There was also complete pack on PS3 released by NISA. All 3 on one BluRay. The original versions not the Vita re:birth remakes.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finally got around to playing some Red Dead Redemption 2.  Early on in Chapter 2 right now.  Still trying to get a handle on the controls.

Chapter 1 was a bit frustrating.  I kept getting "mission failed", but not because I died.  I'd fail because apparently I took too long to kill the bad guys and one of my companions would die.  Not a fan of having to worry about the fate of the other people in a fire fight on top of my own character.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The controls are the worst things about the game. That and character movement. There's nothing more frustrating than steering your horse right and your horse running into a tree dead ahead of you - and hearing people say "It's your fault". It's like 90's games controls coming back to haunt us all over again.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I dunno, had no problems with the controls anymore.

Thing about the horse is that it tries to steer on it's own. You have to stop trying to force it into a specific direction. Otherwise you'll "fight it" and then land in a tree.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The controls work fine when in 3rd person view but once you switch to first person it gets a little...slow. I only use the first person view for exploration and indoors.

Speaking of which, I still haven't finished RDR2. XD Story sits at around 47 percent or so. I am mostly doing missions around Saint Denis right now.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I just dodged a bullet in Sword Coast Legends. Well, as you know, the game cannot be bought on Steam and there are no devs supporting it any longer, so no patches, and well, after 26 hours into the game, I stumble upon a hideous bug, and you only have one save. A certain boss disappears after 15 minutes into the fight, and it doesn't come back, leaving the entire encounter unsolvable. Scary thing is that the aggro died and my party behaved as if the fight was over after a while, so the last and only save is that limbo. :(

After some heavy google-foo, I realized that I had one hope left, but I had almost blown it, since I left the no-spawn-boss area, went up a level, and then saved my only save there, with the intent of playing on with what I had. But I learned that there is a button called "Restore" that put you back at your last level (not player level, but area level). Nervously, I pressed it, but I immediately saw that this was at the entrance of the entire underground area, so I replayed like two area levels, saved everything from Steam Cloud and moved that elsewhere on my computer just in case the bug would reappear. Well, I started to take on the boss again, and the waves of enemies, and at exactly 17 min into it, I managed to slay it, and I could go on with the game. *Welp!*

I'm still shaken, since I've begun to really enjoy Sword Coast Legends. So, word of advice to other SCL players to be, make sure that you manually back-up saves just in case anything like this would happen to you.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Speaking of auto-aim in Red Dead Redemption 2, I'm getting a little annoyed that auto-aim always seems to target the chest area.  Problem is when I'm trying to shoot enemies behind rocks that need to be shot in the head, I find it's almost like a constant "drag" to pull the aiming dot to the head because it keeps wanting to drag toward the chest.

Also, why am I the only one actually seeming to do any work or bring in any money/items to the camp?  We've got like 20 camp followers and apparently old Arthur is the only one supporting these deadbeats.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

auto-aim? Filthy casuals...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I turned it (auto-aim) off from the start, the more I played the game, the more I found myself disabling the crosshairs and hud - only to enable the map for some things but ya get my drift. However, it's fun to look on YouTube and see people failing miseeably at playing the game without auto-aim and no hud since combat can get pretty chaotic.

I think reactivity is more important to sensitivity in combat for games such as this and although sensitivity is great, reactivity seems to have some lag which may be causing the drag. I think that also goes for the horse steering but I'm not sure. Waiting for Arthur is a thing in the game though, wait for him to get on a horse, to get off, to open a door, to climb down a ladder and what not. It's almost simulation and that's what's strange about games like this. When we get a game with this much depth, there's consequences of realism in animations to tell the story of those actions and when players get what they want, they must sit through it.

As for camp...

You'll begin seeing people doing work and donating funds soon or should soon anyway. However, you won't be able to upgrade past a certain point. By the 3rd quarter of the game, I was no longer donating because I upgraded to maximum and didn't use anything from camp stock (no need).

Toggling between first and person views is nice for me but I wouldn't recommend first person for anyone who gets motion sickness from gaming. But if you don't, I'll say; If you played through and finished the game in third person, I'd encourage you to play the game again in first person.

It's strange that the game offers so much replay value even aside from that. So much for the typical Rockstar open world game if you ask me.

Still working through Wildlands with my friend.   We've changed the approach from trying to stealthily pick people off to just using (the rather suspiciously easy to find) AH-6s to shoot up the place.  Is funny to see enemies spawn where there were none before too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After a very long time off, I jumped back into The Witness. When I initially played the game, eons ago, I solved quite a few of the puzzles, but eventually I reached a point where I was stumped on everything available to me at that point, so I took some time away from the game so that I could jump in fresh sometime in the future. It worked since today I managed to solve another set of puzzles. There are a multitude of puzzles left that I can't figure out right now and countless puzzles I can't even access, but I made some progress and I'm happy with that. Someday I will 100% this game all on my own with zero help and looking up no guides. It may take a very very long time, but I WILL do it.

As many of you are aware, I'm sure, The Witness is very very hard. Not just because there are HUNDREDS of puzzles to solve, but also because the game doesn't explain anything... at all... ever. The game doesn't even tell me where the puzzles are and what they are. I may be in a puzzle and not even realize it. The best part about this game is that there are clues as to how to solve every puzzle. Finding said clues is another matter entirely and quite the challenge. There is no hand-holding whatsoever and this game is as obtuse and cryptic as it gets. But that's what I love about it. I have to figure everything out on my own. It gets frustrating, real frustrating, but it's really rewarding when I have a breakthrough and figure a puzzle out. Definitely not a game for everybody, in fact, I'd say it's for a very niche audience: Hardcore Puzzle Masochists.

Goddamn it, I'm a 7th degree puzzle black belt. I 100%-ed The Talos Principle and its expansion and got the true endings. I completed every one of the Myst games (which reminds me, I need to get Obduction at some point). I will not be defeated by any logic puzzle. I will defeat this game.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I really like your spirit. If you could get past the puzzles and secrets in everything from the Pandora Directive to the Tesla Effect , you're in for a homerun! ;)

Good luck!!   

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I really like your spirit. If you could get past the puzzles and secrets in everything from the Pandora Directive to the Tesla Effect , you're in for a homerun! ;)

Good luck!!

I'm a Tex Murphy veteran, I love those games. Not just for the puzzles, but also for the zany characters and cheesetastic acting. ESPECIALLY the cheesetastic acting. Tex has so many things I love:

* Film Noir style dialogue

* Over the top characters

* Self depracating humor

* Ridiculous conspiracies

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I know. I'm not sure if you remember, but you were the one convincing me buying Tesla Effect and a few other Tex Murphy games a few years back, and then we both played it when it had just been released. You were helping me out a bit, but it was a pretty cool old-school feel to the game. And the No Soup for you actor did his part in that game.

• Like 1